Cal Tracks concern

-
What I have come to the conclusion.

For track usage. Yes.

Street driving....the caltracs have alot of banging and clanging for daily usage.

At the moment i run Mexico mopar ss 002/003 springs.

If anyone has better replacements for the ss springs (street) I am all ears and I like the rake look.

Well that helps a little. Im looking for plan to build a set. Im sorry but for what there is in the kit, i cannot justify the cost. Any thoughts?

Does anyone have a set of Cal Tracks and are they even worth the money?
I have CalTracs and split mono leaf springs on my avatar car. Unless there is water at the starting line, the car lifts and leaves. I have bias slicks. Great axle separation - whole car rises and leaves. 408 with a 4.10 axle and a TC that stalls at 5000 rpm. I have only good to say about them but my car is middle of the road in terms of performance. Faster than some, slower than others: 11.14@118.2 best so far.
I also street drive the car. If you hit an impact type of bump, they do make noise but given the fuel pump and exhaust noise and the 6-pack hood a-shakin', who really cares?? That's what these cars are for!!
Pic showing the car after leaving the line so you can see the axle separation.

IMG_1806.jpg

They work really well once dialed in, with sticky tires and adjustable shocks. Huge improvement in consistency. Lighter bars with lots of preload in front help too.

Photos included to see separation

A29B1042-98C2-41BA-9A24-FF10262FB214.jpeg

F8933EA2-E848-4044-BCF2-47350A63FC54.jpeg

Last edited:
I have CalTracs and split mono leaf springs on my avatar car. Unless there is water at the starting line, the car lifts and leaves. I have bias slicks. Great axle separation - whole car rises and leaves. 408 with a 4.10 axle and a TC that stalls at 5000 rpm. I have only good to say about them but my car is middle of the road in terms of performance. Faster than some, slower than others: 11.14@118.2 best so far.
I also street drive the car. If you hit an impact type of bump, they do make noise but given the fuel pump and exhaust noise and the 6-pack hood a-shakin', who really cares?? That's what these cars are for!!

View attachment 1716034055

View attachment 1716034055
Hell yeah man! That's layin it down!

Keep this in mind. Mopar's SS springs have probably set some records. There have been cars in the 8s for sure running basically stock Mopar rear suspensions with SS springs. Maybe even 7s. So it's not like they cannot perform. Just because something is new and shiny doesn't make it better. I'm not saying cal tracs don't work. I'm just saying sometimes it's not necessary to reinvent the wheel.

-
Back