California wants my Dart...

-

1969reddart

or is it Copper...
Reaction score
Got this in the mail today. They say they will give me a whole $1000 for my Dart. Woo-Hoo!

DSC02070.JPG

DSC02071.JPG

now they ask with offer, hopefully they don't turn that into "take" at will...

In all fairness, they did say (in bold print) if the car is a classic or valuable to the owner to disregard the notice.

Must just be a bay area thing, otherwise I'd have a whole ton of those notices in my mailbox.

The upsides are many, and it's nice they added that comment to the note about it being classis or whatever. The down side is the affect on the parts car market may be harsh.

So even though California is broke , they have money to buy old cars to improve the air quality ?
Wish I could buy cars even if I was broke !!

Tell them it's Nova. Everyone else thinks it is anyways. Lol

I live here in CA too. I love it, but it's totally a lost cause. Nothing will improve here it will only get worse. Watched it happen for a long time and it's only gotten more worse at a faster rate.

LA blows. Been there, done that. 30 million people living in a desert shipping in water. What could possibly go wrong?
Reasons Why Los Angeles Is the Worst Place Ever
842866223_99e9aca874_o.0.0.jpe

156216af03fc63424ae979a9dd5057c5.jpg

Might be worth the trip to load up a few '80s shitboxes and drive to CA. So, how to register a NE car in CA....

You better actually read the letter, it requires that the car be registered as operable in the Bay Area for 2 years before it's eligible.

The hell hole that is the 405!!! Spent way too many hours on that POS.

Nothing like having a 20 mile drive that takes two fricken hours.

Yup. When I lived in LA I walked anytime I had to go less than 5 miles. Between traffic and parking if it was less than 5 miles it was faster to walk. And that was 15 years ago.

I think I'd burn that letter, just for the irony of it.

You better actually read the letter, it requires that the car be registered as operable in the Bay Area for 2 years before it's eligible.

Any bay area residents want to team up for a car junking business? LOL

Just kidding, have enough headaches already.

LA blows. Been there, done that. 30 million people living in a desert shipping in water. What could possibly go wrong?
Reasons Why Los Angeles Is the Worst Place Ever
View attachment 1715036263

Couldn't agree with you more, LA is a **** hole to. In fact, stick a fork in California, because it is done. And im a native Californian.
You can thank all the libretards for that, Jerry Brown anyone ?
Sanctuary cities ?
This state is done.

Couldn't agree with you more, LA is a **** hole to. In fact, stick a fork in California, because it is done. And im a native Californian.
Sanctuary cities ?
This state is done.

So, when ya movin?

So..........
California has money to buy old cars, but they want the National Guardsman to give back bonus' they paid out?
Makes sense.

The "If you pay extra" lanes are what got me last time I was through there.
I could hardly believe that.

Sanctuary cities ?
This state is done.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

21b.jpg

So..........
California has money to buy old cars, but they want the National Guardsman to give back bonus' they paid out?
Makes sense.

California EPA independently funded by it's own fees. One of the reasons it can be such a PITA, no budget cuts for it.

And the National Guard issue was Federal, not state. The Pentagon was demanding the paybacks. And that's been handled anyway. California National Guard members won't have to pay back bonuses

-
Back