California Will Dissect Kevin Hart's Hellcat-Powered Barracuda to Shape Future Laws

-
Another article, bottom paragraph tells it all, especially after “however “.
Kevin Hart’s Barracuda Crash Will Be Used To Shape Future California Laws
It’s common practice to disassemble a car after an accident with a major injury and typically takes around three to four weeks. The vehicle involved is stripped down to determine the cause of the crash before forensic experts evaluate the pieces of evidence uncovered. The end result may be a recommendation by the CHP to the state legislature to require that car companies in the business of customizing and restoring classic cars must install safety harnesses – EVEN IF it strays from the original vehicle. There were no harnesses in Hart’s Barracuda. Although it wouldn’t have prevented the crash, a harness could have minimized the damage and injuries to Hart and his passengers.

It’s being reported that the CHP does, in fact, care if the car wasn’t restored properly and has actually pushed legislation over salvaged cars that are unsafely restored. So Hart’s crash may push the envelope in getting that legislation pushed through.

At the end of the day, this may change nothing for restored cars in California. However, if the CHP legislation requiring modified classics have safety harnesses things may change for owners and restoration businesses alike.

I would be willing to bet that a large sum of $ was deposited into a state senator or assemblyperson's account by a generous insurance company to avoid paying a large fiscal obligation due to the impending law suits. The CHP has much better things to do than disassemble a wrecked hot rod.

When are these MORON politicians going to realize, It's the MORON people not the inanimate objects they control, damn this pisses me off, just like gun control. Instead of properly punishing the criminals, lets just take everything away from good folks who obey the law. We don't need baby sitters, we need politicians to fight for our rights, isn't that what they used to do back in the long, long ago?

Jeff

Last edited:
I would be willing to bet that a large sum of $ was deposited into a state senator or assemblyperson's account by a generous insurance company to avoid paying a large fiscal obligation due to the impending law suits. The CHP has much better things to do than disassemble a wrecked hot rod.
Ya know that’s a good question. I know someone there who works stolen cars. Think I’ll send this to them and see what they say

Last edited:
It would just be another law they don't feel like enforcing. But it might be just the tool to use by the insurance companies to keep their profit margin in tact.

The cause of the crash is obvious. The driver ran out of skill long before the car ran out of horsepower.

This will solve nothing and is just another power grab by the CA govt. That is as nicely as I can put it. So glad I got out of there twenty years ago.

dammit. what freaking damn idiots. What ever in the hell happened to being responsible for your own actions? that stupid **** should be punished to the full extent of the law. not punish everyone else for having modified cars...

The cause of the crash is obvious. The driver ran out of skill long before the car ran out of horsepower.

This will solve nothing and is just another power grab by the CA govt. That is as nicely as I can put it. So glad I got out of there twenty years ago.
Agree totally... I'm sure it was nothing to do with a 700 hp mpfi engine with instant torque, having the throttle stabbed...in a car that weighs 1000 lbs less than a new challenger.

step 1: get famous
step 2: buy cool big HP car that i probably shouldn't be driving, and let my buddy who really shouldn't be driving it, drive it
step 3: piss off every car building mother fer in the land

California Will Dissect Kevin Hart's Hellcat-Powered Barracuda to Shape Future Laws

No, they will not.

dammit. what freaking damn idiots. What ever in the hell happened to being responsible for your own actions? that stupid **** should be punished to the full extent of the law. not punish everyone else for having modified cars...

People being responsible for their own actions is not how Commiefornia works.

*please strike this comment if it is to surly for the general section.

Welcome to California. Now turn around and go home, leave your daughters. Management.

4d431574cb72b871a101455515aac2dc.jpg

I can tell you what the problem was without even looking at that car...the loose nut behind the wheel

They probably told the police something broke causing the car to go out of control.
Had this been you or your family the car would be off to the crusher, end of story.

Alan

step 1: get famous
step 2: buy cool big HP car that i probably shouldn't be driving, and let my buddy who really shouldn't be driving it, drive it
step 3: piss off every car building mother fer in the land

2.1: After the accident call your "people" to pick you up and leave the others behind to fend for themselves...

what everyone is missing is the girl in the back with the amps and no seat or belt of any kind walked away with no injuries.

i like the part where they talk about needing a 5 point harness. great idea without a cage, then you have no where to go :BangHead:

what everyone is missing is the girl in the back with the amps and no seat or belt of any kind walked away with no injuries.
i've been on around a hundred jobs at work where the car was totaled, wrapped around a pole, FD had to cut the thing open like a bag of jiffy pop. all kinds of **** torn up that they plowed though, and they walked away with no major injuries. but only when they're good and drunk (or equivalent)

-
Back