Callies RB block

-

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Mancini and they are starting to receive the new Callies RB blocks. Mine ships tomorrow. Anyone on the pre-order list may want to give them a call.
Will follow up with some pics when it arrives.

what was the price out the door, if we can ask, my son in law wants' one also.
$5385 with shipping and tax.
Some notable features....siamese bores, bottom of cylinders clearanced for stroker crank, oil pickup adapter (my guess is to clear stroker crank). Has threaded hole on outside for external oiling. Comes with block hardware and cam bearings, which I was not expecting.
Mine came in on friday. Its serial number 445. Damn, 5 digits off. Would have been cool if it were SN 440.
If anyone wants pics of anything specific just let me know.

440_Block.jpg

Please post a picture of the valley area without the intake so we can see in there a little more. Thanks.

Not drilled for inboard head bolt?
Well damn, didnt notice that. Guess I need to call Mancini. I cant think of any reason they wouldnt have drilled those.
There are also some weird holes on the outside bottom edges that do not get covered by the heads.

Those extra holes at the bottom are the oil return passages...... for Hemi heads.
On the Hemi, they would go all the way down to the pan area.

They could just be drilled, tapped, then plugged with a set screw if in fact they are drilled all the way through.

Frankly, there’s just no excuse for that block to have made it out of the factory with the missing bolt holes.

I have a similar thread on Moparts website and apparently those holes are oil drain back for hemi's. Yes, they are drilled straight through to the sump.

If i had to make a guess....
It looks like the bosses are there for a hemi. By leaving that row undrilled, that block can still be used for a hemi or wedge.
As i said, a guess. I cant tell if the block is relieved for hemi pushrods.

If i had to make a guess....
It looks like the bosses are there for a hemi. By leaving that row undrilled, that block can still be used for a hemi or wedge.
As i said, a guess. I cant tell if the block is relieved for hemi pushrods.

That might be true but I think the OP thought he was buying a wedge block so the assumption is that it would come properly machined so he could bolt on a set of wedge heads. Someone at the factory will know what the issue is. My guess is that someone mixed up the CNC programs and that block got some wedge machine work and some Hemi machine work. If so there is some guy at the factory right now who is sorting thru the CNC programs trying to figure out what happened and how many blocks got screwed up. Glad it isn't me!

That might be true but I think the OP thought he was buying a wedge block so the assumption is that it would come properly machined so he could bolt on a set of wedge heads. Someone at the factory will know what the issue is. My guess is that someone mixed up the CNC programs and that block got some wedge machine work and some Hemi machine work. If so there is some guy at the factory right now who is sorting thru the CNC programs trying to figure out what happened and how many blocks got screwed up. Glad it isn't me!

I have wondered in the past if a r/b and heads could be drilled for the return oil holes like the hemi , never thot about it when my engine was apart.
Definitly another thing they got right on the elephant .

Just an update. Callies is taking care of the problems. The truck showed up today to pick up the block.

-
Back