Calling ALL Valiant "Toadwagon" Owners! 1960-1962

-

60V200Wagon

Reaction score
This is a trumpet call for all of us who are lucky enough to own Toadwagons.

I'm looking into the possibility of reproducing the "Rear Quarter" (cargo) window rubber moldings, since I have yet to be able to locate an NOS pair, or a full replacement molding. They have a unique trapezoid shape and some fairly impressive transitions.

I'm in the early planning stages, so no promises yet, but if any 60-62 Valiant or Lancer wagon owners would like exhibit some confidence enough to raise their hand to say "Yes, if you reproduce those, I'd like to buy a pair", let me know now! This same message is posted on SS.org and other forums I can find.

We are far fewer in numbers than most of the other slants & A-bodies, so I'd need as many of you as possible on board. I have no idea of cost yet. But just to get a quote, I need to gather materials together, and then get an idea of interested parties.

For more specific questions on this topic, please PM me.

Thanks!

A picture of my wagon's windows are below, to give you an idea of what we're talking about if you're wondering:

I'd be interested. I'll bet that glass is hardtop find

Put me down for a set at least maybe two. Are you reproducing the '60 style or the '62 style (unsure if '61 is which style) as they are slightly different. The company in Australia that reproduces the windscreen gaskets for these cars said they'd be happy to do it. I can forward the email address of the person I spoke with if your interested in sending me a PM.

Just joined the Forum and came across this post for Rear/Front Quarter window rubbers. Did you reproduce these rubbers? If so, are any available still available.
Thanks
Wayne

This is a trumpet call for all of us who are lucky enough to own Toadwagons.

I'm looking into the possibility of reproducing the "Rear Quarter" (cargo) window rubber moldings, since I have yet to be able to locate an NOS pair, or a full replacement molding. They have a unique trapezoid shape and some fairly impressive transitions.

I'm in the early planning stages, so no promises yet, but if any 60-62 Valiant or Lancer wagon owners would like exhibit some confidence enough to raise their hand to say "Yes, if you reproduce those, I'd like to buy a pair", let me know now! This same message is posted on SS.org and other forums I can find.

We are far fewer in numbers than most of the other slants & A-bodies, so I'd need as many of you as possible on board. I have no idea of cost yet. But just to get a quote, I need to gather materials together, and then get an idea of interested parties.

For more specific questions on this topic, please PM me.

Thanks!

A picture of my wagon's windows are below, to give you an idea of what we're talking about if you're wondering:

DSC01205_zpsfa67504d.jpg

-
Back