caltrac rear mount

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
wondering if some one could give me the rear mount to pivot hole measurement for a body car. i sold car years back. i removed caltracs as new owner didn't want them, but forgot to remove the rear mount plate. thought i'd just make my own. TIA:thankyou:

i'm not building from scratch guys. i have all the caltrac parts except rear mount. those instructions have completely different dimensions to caltrac.

i'm not building from scratch guys. i have all the caltrac parts except rear mount. those instructions have completely different dimensions to caltrac.

Won't CalTrack sell you just the rear mount???

I'm all for DIY stuff but sometimes it's better to just buy one and get on with it.

shipping to me New Zealand is about the same cost as part. it cost 233 usd to get the split monoleafs from John. I can easily use my shock plates and weld on clevises . just need measurement from plate to hole center

Last edited:
You mean the bottom of the plate where the U bolts are, to the center of the hole where the adjusting rod goes?

From the bottom of the U-bolt mounting plate to the center of the hole is 3 1/2". Just measured mine.

shipping to me New Zealand is about the same cost as part. it cost 233 usd to get the split monopoly leads from John. I can easily use my shock plates and weld on clevices . just need measurement from plate to hole center

My bad. I didn't see you are where the water goes down try drain the wrong way.

Yup, in your case I'd make my own. I hate shipping companies.

What difference will it possibly make as long as you make all the connection holes the same size as you need? You'll be replacing the PAIR. It will not amount to a hill of beans.

-
Back