Cam Degreeing

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
Hey guys can someone give me a run down on what to do to get the cam set up right i want to do this right this time :evil: Let me hav some tips,or anyother good ideas that can help me out i want to learn how to do this so i know for the future of my mopars!Thanks guys
MIKE :salut:

get you a haynes manual or any tech manual they will explain it better than we can and they have pictures. With you gear set up i dont know I have never used one. With a chain just put the cam shat dot at the bottom and the crank dot at the top and line them up as close to posible and you will be good. You dont need a degree wheel or any of that stuff especial with it in the car it will be hard and most likely you will screw it up.

Waiting to hear this thing run. Hope for your sake that those pistons dont come apart.

the guy across my street has a 69'440-6 he has no car for it he sold his 68 cuda that it was going into so im gonna se if he wants to sell it to me for cheap he helps me out on my car every now and then,that motor in my car wold haul *** my moms 67'440 hauls *** and its a b-body i can only think what that 6-Pac would in my car!id be the :king: of the streets down here! :salut:

this is true , I thnink you might want to start lokking that way cause that 318 has seen its last days with that piston thing. The only trouble is the mounts and the exhauset and you can get those. Buy the 440 and get started. It will be better tahn throwing you money into that 318 and watching it go down the crapper when you fire it up and the pistons go.

I say grab the 440! Shumacher makes motor mounts to install a 440 on your small block K-member for $180.00. Here's the link http://www.engine-swaps.com/ then get some good headers, just Don't get those hooker fenderwell headers, they hang too low and tend to hit the front tires unless you run very small ones.

Also do yourself a favor and go buy another set of back tires, because yours are going to be bald in no-time from all the smokies you'll be doing! There's just something about a big block in an A body that makes a little voice in your head keep saying " :twisted: COME ON SMOKE UM!!! :twisted: "

-
Back