Cam Lube that sticks?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for a camshaft lube that will actually stick to the cam and not run off like the stuff Comp supplies with their cams? The engine may sit a while before it's fired.

Thanks

What do you guys recommend for a camshaft lube that will actually stick to the cam and not run off like the stuff Comp supplies with their cams? The engine may sit a while before it's fired.

Thanks

Moly lube. The isky stuff is what I use

x3...

I have a bottle of Isky Rev Lube that will probably last forever. I hope moly lube doesn't go bad!

Here's a thought...........If it's gonna sit for a while, leave the lifters out, intake loose, wrapped up in a big plastic bag. When it's time to fire it up you can pour lubricant of choice over the cam, drop the lifters in, intake down, adjust valves, etc. You will then know that cam and lifters are well lubed prior to light off, again just a thought.

Good luck!

I use Crane's break in paste on all my builds. Everybody's cams, including Comps...lol.

I've had good luck with the MP cam break-in lube

Here's a thought...........If it's gonna sit for a while, leave the lifters out, intake loose, wrapped up in a big plastic bag. When it's time to fire it up you can pour lubricant of choice over the cam, drop the lifters in, intake down, adjust valves, etc. You will then know that cam and lifters are well lubed prior to light off, again just a thought.

Good luck!
Bingo...

I now use roller lifters exclusively and have yet to have a drop of break-in lube even applied to a cam, let alone drain off.

Coat the cam good with the cam goo, it will be good for 2 revolutions before its wiped off. A good quality break' in oil is very important to proper cam break'n along with the cam lube. hell, my dad used wheel bearing grease once, no problem. I am not suggesting the bearing grease. But I think following the RPM directions is the most important. Even those directions are somewhat flawed. IMO We use to break'n cams at a steady 1500 RPM.

Torco worked better than the mopar cam lube. I put mopar lube and soon after ran off lobes!! The torco is tacky gooey and sticky red lube. Goes on thick and stays. I broke in my purple cam no issues. So disagree if you like I had a good experience with the product.:thumbsup:

Torco worked better than the mopar cam lube. I put mopar lube and soon after ran off lobes!! The torco is tacky gooey and sticky red lube. Goes on thick and stays. I broke in my purple cam no issues. So disagree if you like I had a good experience with the product.:thumbsup:

Torch also doesn't separate out of the oil.

Best kept secret in racing. Torco.

-
Back