Cam Question

-
The way it sits now its running thru a 3" exhaust system. As for RPM range it goes to 7k without blinking an eye. I havent had it above that yet but it still has more to go.
Rod

With that much lift to start with, be careful going to 1.6 due to possible valve to piston clearance. If you measured valve to piston clearance before, you should be able to compute the extra actual valve lift and compute the new clearance.

still do not think more lift is going to help with mild ported iron heads and you can go turbulent
what I would do is advance the cam 4 degrees and try it
if no change or loss then retard 4 degrees
any change will tell you if intake close and duration should be changed
new heads will give the biggest gain
so I would not spend my head and B3 money on rockers
test first

Are you porting the Edelbrocks? If not, then it will be just a little quicker...if so, it will be a LOT quicker. If you want more lift I would just get a different cam...there are a bazillion options out there. What is the goal for the car (power or ET wise)?

Take .575 and divide it by 1.5 = .383
Now multiply .383 by 1.6 = .613
I believe it adds some duration, but I honestly don't know if it's enough to even notice. I've always been under the belief it might be a degree or 2.

Take your lift and divide by 1.5 which is .383, so you have a .383 lobe.

Take your .383 lobe and multiply that by 1.6 and your new lift would be .613.

I’m not sure of how to exactly figure how much more duration you’ll get, but the math smart guy’s probably can. I say you’ll pick up 2 degrees at .050 but don’t hold me to that.

Or if you are lazy like me....... divide the lift by 15 and multiply it by 16, saves a couple clicks for the decimal points.

Or if you are lazy like me....... divide the lift by 15 and multiply it by 16, saves a couple clicks for the decimal points.

100% true. But I’m a weirdo so when calculating compression ratio and stuff like that I work to the third digit!!! So a couple of decimal points is just a bink bink on the keypad for my sausage fingers.

100% true. But I’m a weirdo so when calculating compression ratio and stuff like that I work to the third digit!!! So a couple of decimal points is just a bink bink on the keypad for my sausage fingers.

Being simple minded, I tend to simplify things....
Or, maybe I really am lazy.

-
Back