CAM SELECTION OPINIONS

-
LOL......What the hell does that mean?:eek:
9:1 318 in an ‘87 4X4 SWB 4.10, NP435, one ton axles, custom drive lines, 35X13.50s. It had headers, performer rpm, and 750 Edelbrock. It ran a lot better than it should have. Comp tech support recommended that cam for that rig after he told them it would be used for hard mudding. I would have gone smaller, but it made good use of the mid range in the swampy stuff.

Last edited:
The Lunati will make more power.
I agree, but it will not be in the power band he would like for a cruiser. Still a great cam and will be a bit quieter than the Comp XE grind. Come on RRR you know that. Plus he has power steering and power brakes. The VooDoo will work with power brakes but trust me... it's on the edge. I can add with A/C forget about it unless you are up cruising speed.

I agree, but it will not be in the power band he would like for a cruiser. Still a great cam and will be a bit quieter than the Comp XE grind. Come on RRR you know that. Plus he has power steering and power brakes. The VooDoo will work with power brakes but trust me... it's on the edge. I can add with A/C forget about it unless you are up cruising speed.
I guess.

I'm not. I'm just saying I've tried them and it did not work out so well. Even a lot of tuning can not fix a mix match of parts.

-
Back