Cam

-

cuda620

Reaction score
Probably shouldn’t do this but here goes, suggestions on a decent cam, solid or hydraulic, for a mild 451 build going in a A body. Will be an automatic with about a 2800-3000 stall. 3:55 gears. Was thinking about the old 509 solid cam. I do have edelbrock rpms and be about 9.5 compression. Would convert to roller,but don’t want the bronze from the sacrificed distributor drive floating around in my oil.Just asking options. No comp cams. They seem to have a lot of lobe failures and junk...imo. Thanks

Last edited:
Wow, straight to page 7 in under 30hours. I feel your pain. I can't help you, but when others see I was here, they'll swarm me to see what I mightasaid, so hang on, the swarm is on its way.... lol

Is help but I’m probably still on his ignore list.

But I know wht I’d do!

I’d look at a solid 230-236@.050 with as much lift as I could get in on the cam and add 1.6 rockers.

I’d also take that .509 & chop it up for fishing weights.

Rumble I can't believe what I'm reading; you musta read my mind,lol.

The only thing I would add is that; I, me personally,would pump the cylinder pressure up to 185 minimum with those aluminum heads.If I was a betting man, I would bet that combo will still run 87E10,lol

The MP .528 solid is a great choice but real ones are pricey. I'd use the Comp XS274S solid.

Rumble I can't believe what I'm reading; you musta read my mind,lol.

The only thing I would add is that; I, me personally,would pump the cylinder pressure up to 185 minimum with those aluminum heads.If I was a betting man, I would bet that combo will still run 87E10,lol
I don’t know what the ratio would be @ that pressure. In terms of a static nume

Only bad things on comp cams is the lobes seem to be kinda hit and miss from what I’ve read. Don’t wanna risk it on my build. Thinkin or still the mopar 528 with crower edm lifters or crower equivalent.

-
Back