Can a garage be too big?

-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score
Can a garage be too big? I say NO. I would be happy with a small house and a huge garage.:thumblef: I guess it's a guy thing because my wife doesn't get it. MMG

i feel the same way and have already promised myself when i buy my first house I will have a HUGE garage for my toys!

When we were looking for our current home, my wife went and looked at one while I was at work. It had a 2 car attached and a 60 X 100 garage w/2 stories. She said it was way too big. We didn't get it, but this house is much nicer than that one. This one has a 3 car attached and a 1 car detached which is 13 X 30. I figure I can always build an additional building later, if I need it. 60 X 100 sure would have been nice though, so I guess the answer for me would be no.

Huge garage with a small apartment in the end. Id be happy. Girls dont get it

Oh hell no. I watched a show many years ago, some old rich guy in Washington State, had more cars than you could ever imagine. The grandson was doing the tour for the show and said his grandmother describes the house as your average 5 bedroom, 400 car garage :toothy7:

He also had several other locations with more cars, that old dude is my hero :notworth:

Can't be large enough..I have a 2 car attatched 20 x 24, its definately too small..my son built a 30 x 30 onto his house and I'D love to have it. Lately though he's been saying he needs more room, once he got his truck, tractor, boat, and wifey's car in, he's running out of room.

I beg to differ. Yes they can.

Last place I lived I had a 3000sqft garage. Whenever I needed to work on a car there was no room! I have more room to work in my current 2-car than I did in that 15 car.

Way more CRAP in the old one, but no more usable space. It's a trap.

No...

I really depends on what you're storing/working on and how you place everything.

My older brother said that his perfect place to live would be a 6 car,1 bedroom garage with child-proof door locks.

His garage is 2 doors wide with 5 ft on each side and about 6 car lengths long with a 13 ft tall bar door at the other end.

I just have a 2 car garage on my house.

P4301429-1.jpg

my machinist collects "projects",,,as of right now he has three 124' x 60' buildings full of said "projects and parts",,,,,,,,,,,no matter how fast his wife and he sell stuff online, she can't seem to keep up with his buying. She asked him this past weekend if he planned on living to be 150 or so 'cause it would take that much time to build everything he has right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say no. The guy I bought my Dart from had a very, very large shop. He had three Chargers stuffed over in the "L" portion. One of them was a '68 with a blown and injected 540 Hemi. Yeah. Another of them is a 68 and is now sitting down in a field on my property covered up. The third was also a 68 and was his wife's. He also had the little 63 dart i bought from him, A service truck, a 65 Rustang on a rotisserie and tons of shop equipment. Then, he had to have at least 5,000 SQ FT of open space. It was obscene, but awesome.

I had my house built and when it came to the garage I wanted the builder to add another 10 feet to the back of a three car garage. After much thought the builder decided to go ahead and do it, I changed my whole roof line in order to have a bigger garage and I am not upset about it at all.

When people came to look at the house when it was being built, woman would come up to my wife and ask her why "she" would let me do that?

She is a good sport and would say he gets the garage I get the kitchen.

I love my 30*30 garage even though it seems like it is too small sometimes, but I just have too much stuff.

And I have a buffer space between my Duster and my Challenger so no one (KIDS) will scratch it.

But everyone is correct most woman Do not get it. Luckily my wife does.

No, a garage can never be too big! I just put up a 40'x64' 14' tall pole barn,
pex tubing heat in floor, 3 12'x12' doors and enough room for both my 2 post lifts, most likely put a paint booth in the future, Im waiting for the ground to dry up a little so the concrete truck can pour the floor!

Nope, mine is bigger than the house:yawinkle:

And the two car attached garage

Attachments

• DSCF2786 (Medium).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 898
  • g055 (Medium).jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 888
  • g068 (Medium).jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 853
No, if you have alot of tools and projects, but.........
Yes, if it is a 40x100 Quonsot and you are thinking about trying to heat it in the winter.
.......might as well be pi$$ing in the wind.......we (my buds and me) are thinking of building a shop within the shop just for the winter so it can be heated affordably.
we are renting it so spending alot on it is out of the question. thinking 2x4 framing and heavy plastic tarps

Mine's 40'x72' with 12' walls, which is a little on the small side. I think adding a 16' shed on both sides would make it about right. :toothy7:
Dallas

No.I don't have a garage,bummer.But i plan on building an attached garage to the house,sometime this year,maybe.Just trying to plan how i want it done.

Heres a few pics of mine, I have an apartment in the front and the rest is garage. All my good stuff....

Attachments

• SANY1888.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 660
  • SANY1901.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 657
  • SANY2018.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 669
  • SANY1905.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 660
-
Back