Can anyone help me with a Hurst Promatic 2?

-

Valkman

Reaction score
I modified a pistol grip handle to fit on a Promatic 2 shifter, but I'm having trouble putting it back together. The main pin (the one that fits in the slot ) won't go in far enough to allow the snap ring to go on. It's sticking out and won't slide in all the way in! Tried tapping and rotating it but it won't buge!
20200305_181031_resized.jpg
20200305_181101_resized.jpg

I know this question was a bit out there but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I did figure it out. In case anyone wants to know the pin has a larger diameter toward the head that you can't see with shifter assembled which has to go through 2 plates. I had to remove it to lineup the plates on a work bench.

oof, I was going to suggest that by seeing the shoulder under the head. Too late.

We need pictures of the pistol grip ! I've thought of doing that to my promatic2
Here you go

20200404_152114_resized.jpg

That's in park

20200404_152054_resized-1.jpg

That's in drive.

I used an E body handle and it machined the end to match the Promatic handle. I like the placement a lot better but it hits the back of the console and it won't go into 1st, I my have to do some cutting :rolleyes:

Looks great. Is there room when in park?
If so, maybe make some simple plates to move the mounts for the console.

Looks great. Is there room when in park?
If so, maybe make some simple plates to move the mounts for the console.
The problem is the console itself it mounts to the shifter and you find a way to relocate it moves the shift indicator that's mounted on the shifter.

-
Back