can anyone identify this side mirror?

-

95teetee

Reaction score
found this in my basement-funny thing is, I usually know everything I have (maybe not where it is, but what I have at least).
Have no idea what it's off of.While the head is a little different, it's pretty close to the rally mirror on my Duster, but the base is completely different (and a lot more angled than the a-body one- like it would have to mount on the side of a door rather than the top.

mirror2.jpg

mirror1.jpg

it's actually in better shape than the pictures make it look.

Found this too- just for fun, does anyone know what this is?
IMG_0935.jpg

I know, just wondering if anyone else does:D

I know what the second item is .It locks the speedo cable on the transmission so it cannot be disconnected without the key. Dad had one on his '67 camaro! I'd just be guessing but I think the mirror is an E-B body?

Looks like a Cuda, Challenger 70 to 74 to me...

Looks like an E-body unit, satellite units were shaped differently though similar, they are "rounder" with less sharp lines if I recall correctly.

what part number is on the base?

doh! good thinking- it's got a 3670981, a 53093, and a Jo604_____can't quite make out the rest of it.

Wonder where the hell I got it from lol.

I know what the second item is .It locks the speedo cable on the transmission so it cannot be disconnected without the key. Dad had one on his '67 camaro!
this one was on my '66 Mustang, but it was at the instrument cluster end. The Ford dealership guys figured the car must have been a renter when it was new.

its a 71-74 b/e body , leftovers were used on f body's up to 78 as well

this one was on my '66 Mustang, but it was at the instrument cluster end. The Ford dealership guys figured the car must have been a renter when it was new.[/QUOTE]

I always wondered if our car had been a rental before pops purchased it .Or did He just figure with two boys in the house he better make sure we couldn't unhook the speedo cable and go joy riding without the odometer ratting us out.Years later when I inherited the car we had to cut that lock off with a cold chisel when I pulled the transmission.Nobody had a key for it.

this one was on my '66 Mustang, but it was at the instrument cluster end. The Ford dealership guys figured the car must have been a renter when it was new.

I always wondered if our car had been a rental before pops purchased it .Or did He just figure with two boys in the house he better make sure we couldn't unhook the speedo cable and go joy riding without the odometer ratting us out.Years later when I inherited the car we had to cut that lock off with a cold chisel when I pulled the transmission.Nobody had a key for it.[/QUOTE]

cool... :)

95teetee said:
can anyone identify this side mirror?

Yeah. It's mine. I was wondering where I left that. Thanks for finding it. Just send it back to me. Thanks again! 8-[

Years later when I inherited the car we had to cut that lock off with a cold chisel when I pulled the transmission.Nobody had a key for it.
I took this one off by getting a flat-blade screwdriver in there and turning the nut off with it. Not easy when the cluster is still in place.

Yeah. It's mine. I was wondering where I left that. Thanks for finding it. Just send it back to me. Thanks again! 8-[
lol, if anyone really wants it, it's theirs for the shipping cost.

That part number is for 73-74 B-body Satellite/Charger models. The 71-72 have the screw holes further in. The mirror itself is the same as 73-74 E-body but the E-body has a shorter cable. How long is the cable?

-
Back