Can Challenger R/T hood scoops go on a 68 Barracuda???

-

krazykuda

FABO Gold Member
How-To Section Editor
Reaction score
What Do you think???

Can it be done???

DSC02666 B.JPG

DSC02668 B.JPG

DSC02671 B.JPG

DSC02687 B.JPG

DSC02783 B.JPG

It can...

DSC02688 B.JPG

DSC02690 B.JPG

DSC02696 B.JPG

So is that a 68 hood that you modified to incorporate the Challenger scoops (which would be difficult, but not impossible), or is it a Challenger hood that you modified to fit. Either way, I really like the look!

So is that a 68 hood that you modified to incorporate the Challenger scoops (which would be difficult, but not impossible), or is it a Challenger hood that you modified to fit. Either way, I really like the look!

Looks great. I like it a lot. Let's see the back of the hood.

It's not mine, I saw it at a trans shop that I used...

Those are all of the pictures that I took of it, the best shot to see the back is the one from the side... I didn't realize that I hadn't taken a shot of the back of the hood until after I got home and downloaded the pics... :BangHead:

We may go back for adjustments when we get the car running, but don't know if it will still be there...

As well worn looking as the car, and hood are, I'd venture to say it was probably modified in the late 70s to mid 80s. I think it looks good, and obviously whoever did it was very talented with automotive sheetmetal. I wouldent mind seeing a mould pulled from it and copies of this hood done in fiberglass.

there was a dodge pick up i saw a while back with the good done like that.

not feeling the dodge hood on a plymouth though..

Better than seeing Trans Am, Camaro, or a Cowl hood on it
Edit; Though now looking at it more closely, I see the back of the hood raised, like a cowl style

Better than seeing Trans Am, Camaro, or a Cowl hood on it

not really.. atleast a cowl hood has its function.. plus the cowl would flow a lot better on the body then the challenger hood does on that body.. looks like a nice job doing it but its just looks outta place to me..

I would think to cut the Challenger R/T hood and fit it to the frame of the 68 Cuda hood...

I like it. It's all Mopar but on a different year car. Cool

(Most)Anytime you can add a special touch to your ride it's good. I personally don't always like whats done but still appreciate the work to make it their own.

It looks good, reminds me a while back in the mopar mag that green 68-69 charger had that hood but they opened the tops as vents

2e172bcf424354272c4235f7a14b0140---dodge-charger-dodge-chargers.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job, but in my opinion, the wide center bulge looks weird because it doesn't relate at all to the narrow center of the nose (between the grills). It's as if they are two different cars (which they are, of course).

-
Back