Can I help you???

-

Treblig

Reaction score
I injured my neck yesterday so it's painful for me to look up but this morning my wife asked me to put some stick-on foam between the A/C vent and the ceiling to keep mold from building up where the air seems to squirt out. So I get the flat screwdriver and short ladder and remove the vent from the ceiling. It caused me much pain as I unscrewed the screws that hold the vent in place. I removed the vent and as I was installing the stick-on foam my wife walks into the room as says, "Can I help?" Since I was in really bad pain I said, "Sure!!". I asked her if she could climb up the ladder and reinstall the vent. She climbed up the short step ladder and couldn't get the vent to go back in. I told her to hold it gently and it will slip right in. She did as I instructed and it fell right in, then....she couldn't get the screws back into the holes. I told her to take her time and that there were already holes there in the sheetrock and that she had to feel her way with the screws. She managed to get the screws in and then ran into a lot of trouble getting the flat tip screwdriver into the slots of the screws. She complained that she was left-handed and that was why she couldn't get the screwdriver to work. I took in a long breath and then breathed out slowly and said, "Honey, the screwdriver is not a left or right-handed screwdriver...it's ambidextrous". Then she told me that just before she came into the room to help me she had put lotion on her hands and that was why she could properly grip the screwdriver. I took another long breath and said, "Please come down from the ladder, I'll do it". She got a little upset and said, "No, I'll do it!!". I let her struggle for a while with the screws and then asked her to come down so I could tighten the screws. She came down and as I climbed the ladder and grabbed the screwdriver out of her hand I realized one reason she was having so much trouble. The screwdriver was slimy with hand lotion. She never was too good at screwing in slotted screws anyway but doing it with a slimy screwdriver upside down and overhead was a challenge!! I managed to get the screws tightened then went straight to the kitchen to get some soap on my hands and on my screwdriver to make it functional again.

I hope I'm never hanging by my finger nails off a cliff and ask her to give me a hand!!!!!!!!!

Oh how I love my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
My wife had her own finish carpentry business, so I don't have that particular issue.

Women & hand lotion, "If some is good, a lot is much better". Go figure the logic on that one... LMAO

You can look at it this way at least she has soft hands and not all callused up and rough like sand paper.

Well, at least you got to stare at her behind for a bit.
I like to stare at my wife's chest; I mean what husband doesn't. She hate's that.
But I say to her;
Honey; in the whole World,
millions and millions of women in it,
Biblically speaking,
yours is the only one I can legally stare at,
come on, work with me just a lil, willya.....
Sad Day when you gotta sneak a peak at your Misses' melons.

I like to stare at my wife's chest; I mean what husband doesn't. She hate's that.
But I say to her;
Biblically speaking,
TRUE!!!

My wife keeps a tube of hand goop in the console of her car. She uses that stuff all the time. I hate driving her car because the steering wheel, shifter, heater/radio controls are always slippery.

Well I tell ya, I HATE slotted screws!!! Likely one of THEE WORST episodes was back when I worked in HVAC. I mostly did service and AC/ heat pump installs, and control wiring, hung some gas pipe, I NEVER hung ductwork.

But one job I had no urgent service work, and we were in a hurry to get this going for the folks. They had to have temporary electric heat otherwise. This was an old "octopus" gravity convection hot air furnace, and took up most the basement. The upgrade started out simply enough........disassemble the damn thing and get it out of there. ALL THE DUCT and ALL THE FURNACE sheet metal was SLOTTED HEAD screws. And of course the entire jacket around the combustion chamber had to come apart and off, because it was so large and heavy. Trying to remove dozens of slotted screws, power driver or not IS NO FUN

But I say to her;
Biblically speaking,

LOL......just tell her you have a Tittie Title (Marriage license) and you can look all you want!

I'm sorry for you'se guyses situations...

All I have to say is "I'm gonna need to see those".

...and if she buys a pair of particularly nice fitting pants, my line is:

"Those are nice *** pants".

Last edited:
-
Back