Can I use a 225 3spd manual in v8

-

Matt F

Reaction score
Hello guys I am doing a v8 swap to my 73 duster currently has a 225 3spd on the floor will that transmission work with a 1971 360 ? If yes what will I need. Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure it will with the correct bellhousing

Yes. With a V8 bellhousing, quite well, in fact.

Thank you. I take it I need to find a manual V8 bell housing. Will I need anything else?

Sure can.
Clutch, bellhousing ,flywheel, for a v8 car and you should be good.

Cant remember, but maybe the forks are the same.

Hello guys I am doing a v8 swap to my 73 duster currently has a 225 3spd on the floor will that transmission work with a 1971 360 ? If yes what will I need. Thanks in advance.
Does the 360 have a flywheel? is the crank drilled?

I'm pretty sure the pedal ratio is gonna be softer on the slanty stuff..... but if you're gonna use a diaphragm clutch it might not be a bad thing. But you might want to budget for a V8 pedal kit, all the same, cuz some guys have not been able to make the 6-cylinder kit work. Since you have the slanty pedal, you might as well try what you got.

Need a 360 balanced flywheel brewers sells them, why don't you just go a little more and install a 4 speed?

I have a 4spd and will probably use it but then I will need to change my linkage as well . Trying to keep it on the cheaper side.

Thinking of use my donor cars torque flite and converting mine manual to an automatic. My donor car is a 1976 318. My 360 I believe my motor to be a 1971 360. I will need to purchase a balanced flywheel for the 360. Anything else?

-
Back