Can I use the block drain for a temp sender?

-
If it really is that simple, why the heck is FiTech not offering knock sensing in their units?!

If it really is that simple, why the heck is FiTech not offering knock sensing in their units?!
A guess would be because they market it as a fuel-controller only with everything built in and adaptable to any carbureted engine. Controlling spark timing would be very dependent on the engine family. You can find the Holley Commander 950 manual online to read-up. They only allow controlling spark for a GM 8-pin HEI (1985-95), which requires a special adapter cable. Also much info on the Megasquirt site. Most people who upgrade their A-body ignition use the GM 8-pin HEI since easiest and cleanest install, plus a wicked spark. Even hotter is the LSI coils (1 per cylinder), but you are beyond the Commander 950 then.

Even if it was just a warning light letting you know you are getting too greedy

Bringing up this old thread, I want to ask how much space I have behind the drain plug for the coolant in a stock 383 block. I just pulled the plug, bunch of crud behind it, but I don’t want to be poking too far yet. If somebody could tell me how much space I have I appreciate it.

Bringing up this old thread, I want to ask how much space I have behind the drain plug for the coolant in a stock 383 block. I just pulled the plug, bunch of crud behind it, but I don’t want to be poking too far yet. If somebody could tell me how much space I have I appreciate it.
You just added another HAVE TO do thing to my list while the car is on stands. Thanks

You just added another HAVE TO do thing to my list while the car is on stands. Thanks
I figured while I’m down there underneath my car, I might as well replace the power steering box.

Never ends, but I enjoy working my clunker.
IMG_1895.gif

There was only a thin layer of rust, it was easy, just a tap, it came loose.

IMG_5697.jpeg

I wanted to try putting the sensor bulb for a mechanical water temp gauge in the block drain on an 01 360 mag, this engine is still in something that came with the EFI, beer barrel intake and all .. In this case I ran across a different reason it wouldn't work/I dunno what year they moved the block drain but on this one the starter is right smack in the way

I have a water temp sensor on the driver's side of my block , works just fine. Orginal factor sensor in the intake. Run a T fitting for oil pressure gauge and idiot light hook up as well.

-
Back