Can you ID this kickdown linkage

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all, not sure what it's from? I piece with slotted and threaded adjustment. Spot for a return spring near front.
Thanks fabo
Steve

20190623_212412.jpg

20190623_212427.jpg

20190623_212441.jpg

Something one of your friends through in one of your parts collections that he made up just for making you crazy? LOL

I could see the short nose van. I was going to guess push button auto \6. I have been wanting to look at a friends ‘54 Belvedere flathead six with powerflite two speed to see what it came equipped wIth. Opinions may vary here concerning factory throttle valve linkages, but I think it stands as physical proof that some things were indeed left better in the past...

That's the one that takes the single shear link. They actually work well if the rod has never been deformed. :rolleyes: But you need the bracket and linkage that goes with it.

Indeed, the old factory stuff is good with all the pieces. But it’s hard to beat the cable set up from the magnum years if any changes are made.

Doesnt look all beat up. I dont think I have any other pieces for it. If someone can put it to use, pay the ride?
I hate throwing stuff out, but I think I've peaked lol
That's the one that takes the single shear link. They actually work well if the rod has never been deformed. :rolleyes: But you need the bracket and linkage that goes with it.

The early B body stuff used something similar. I worked on a 63 330 Maxie, and, a 62 Dart 413. They had little fork type brackets on top to guide it forward and back. Only other piece was the lever on trans.

If it was hollow tubing it could have been off a 60s ford. They are about that long.

-
Back