canada customs

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
................How long has ur goodies been sitting at customs?.....mine been a week already...............O YA I mean the stuff u have actually recieved.........the parts i never got i called about, they say they r not there....no explanation of where they r or anything, even though the tracking # say they r at customs...................kim...........

I just sent a member a carb and distributor in N.Carolina.It took a month to get to him,when normally it takes up to 10 days.Must be a backlog??

customs can kiss my behind...bunch of powerhungry losers

thats why i hide everything when i cross...master of disguise, and they have no idea! lol

thats why i hide everything when i cross...master of disguise, and they have no idea! lol

Yup, heading across the line in two weeks for a couple days and will be bringing back a couple rotors and a manifold that are sitting at my place. Customs can kiss my ***.

What the hell is a Manalishi? Does it have to be green,I mean sublime is ok.:-D

What the hell is a Manalishi? Does it have to be green,I mean sublime is ok.:-D

to be honest im not sure what it is...whatever you want it to be lol...and sublime is green, so it can be a green manalishi too!:cheers: lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnOJXIvu6s"]YouTube- Judas Priest - Green Manalishi[/ame]

................How long has ur goodies been sitting at customs?.....mine been a week already...............O YA I mean the stuff u have actually recieved.........the parts i never got i called about, they say they r not there....no explanation of where they r or anything, even though the tracking # say they r at customs...................kim...........

I think Riddler is a Canada Customs employee and he seems to be a real straight up kind of guy. Maybe he can help?

just wondering isn't there Any roads you can take in or out of Canada that doesn't go Thur customs.and y does everything take so long.I cant see what the big deal is with that place I could understand if it was guns or ammo man if I lived up there id have to find a back road out to a U.S post office even if it was an old logging road....is Canada that nice a place to live????..good luck I think of this everytime I read about you guys sending or whiting on something..Artie

just wondering isn't there Any roads you can take in or out of Canada that doesn't go Thur customs.and y does everything take so long.I cant see what the big deal is with that place I could understand if it was guns or ammo man if I lived up there id have to find a back road out to a U.S post office even if it was an old logging road....is Canada that nice a place to live????..good luck I think of this everytime I read about you guys sending or whiting on something..Artie

actually, Canada is a great place to live...this is just minor setback that really means nothing in the grand picture of it all:-D

My experience of buying parts across the border is that its best to have the parts shipped to a Fed Ex or UPS on the State side closest to the Canadian border. If its not too far away its much better to physically drive across and bring them back yourself. Anything I have ever ordered from Summit has reached its U.S destination (border town) in 2 to 3 days, and in my situation its only an hour drive each way to retrieve them. This will also stop any brokerage fees as well.

To be honest your package is prolly not sitting at CBSA customs. 99% of the time it's sitting in a Postal warehouse waiting for enough mail to go your way so they can fill one truck. Thats why ground shipping sucks.

I'm glad I really don't know alot of you personally, as I'd be conflicted on what to do when I see you since you've admitted to smuggling over 13% in taxes. Is your life, job and shame not worth more than 13% taxes and a fine or even jail time? Seriously?

Here's a tip for you. Remember your exemptions, at 24 hours across you get $50 or less. If spend over $50 you have to pay taxes on the full amount.

At 48 hours you get a $400 exemption plus you can bring back a bottle of alcohol or a case of beer and a carton of cigerettes.

At 7 days or more you can bring back $750 worth of goods plus a bottle/case and a carton.

*** More info: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5056-eng.html#s4x1

I do what 340swinger does. I have my packages shipping to a US destination and I go over and pick them up and pay my taxes on the way back. Remember not all officer's are bad guys, some might even let you go with what you declare.

Riddler

To be honest your package is prolly not sitting at CBSA customs. 99% of the time it's sitting in a Postal warehouse waiting for enough mail to go your way so they can fill one truck. Thats why ground shipping sucks.

I'm glad I really don't know alot of you personally, as I'd be conflicted on what to do when I see you since you've admitted to smuggling over 13% in taxes. Is your life, job and shame not worth more than 13% taxes and a fine or even jail time? Seriously?

Here's a tip for you. Remember your exemptions, at 24 hours across you get $50 or less. If spend over $50 you have to pay taxes on the full amount.

At 48 hours you get a $400 exemption plus you can bring back a bottle of alcohol or a case of beer and a carton of cigerettes.

At 7 days or more you can bring back $750 worth of goods plus a bottle/case and a carton.

*** More info: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5056-eng.html#s4x1

I do what 340swinger does. I have my packages shipping to a US destination and I go over and pick them up and pay my taxes on the way back. Remember not all officer's are bad guys, some might even let you go with what you declare.

Riddler

thats exactly what i do, ship to a place in the states right by the border, go pick it up, and pay taxes...just not on everything (like used parts that come with no receipts)

i know someone who tried to bring a trailer over and lied about the price....after constantly asking him, customs searched where he bought it online, found out he was lying, but just flagged him..no fine, jailtime, etc...sure he'll have a hard time whenever he crosses, but hell not everyone is made of money to pay the taxes on everything (granted im not bringing a trailer over)

oh, and ive never met one border person who was nice...ever...seems there all on some sort of power trip because they work at customs...most people dont like them either, so not too sure what they are cocky about

Since we're bashing Customs. Encountered my first real "Knob" @ the US border crossing. I'm not a dealer, the parts I purchase are for PERSONAL use. I buy a fair amount of product from Summit, Eastwood, FABBO and FBBO members, Moparts and a small amount from E-bay. Have crossed many times to pickup @ a depot I use just over the border. Last trip Johnny Border Guard decides I'm buying parts, for cars I'm selling occasionally, charges me $10.75 US because I'm entering the US and doing business. First time ever, I've been charged. With a tough guy attitude, he tells me I've been lucky to this point, now he knows who I am, I'll be charged. Total descretion call. I don't mind policy, or rules, but how about consistency. Charge or don't. Seems he's the a..hole Border Cop. Most others seem quite reasonable. Appears there is always one Dink to make things tough for us. Have heard stories, he also wants to charge Canadians going over and buying fuel $10.75. Maybe it's time to start searching harder for better deals in Canada. Truly unfortunate for the Americans, that this Customs Agent can be the first contact many have when entering the US. I like American citizens, I feel they're alot like us, especially those in the Northern states. But this goof, @ the crossing, is not indicative of the US nation. Wanna know how to build an idiot, check this dudes personnel file, you'll find a blueprint!
Ok, I'm done.
Cheers Chris

LOL..i have to agree, US customs are WAY bigger grumps than the canadian border guards...but even still, some of the treatment i have recieved at the border from canadian officers was just as bad (i cross quite a bit)...and i am always very polite, answer all questions honestly, etc...it seems like nothing can please them

that said however, im not going to generalize...im sure there are some nice border guys out there, its just coming into contact with them is a little harder i guess (the women scare me the most...they are most ruthless ones LOL)

I'm usually gone south for long weekends so between me and the misses we can bring back $800 bucks worth of stuff, like this one coming up then when were down south for a month we load up since we're good for $1500, I wonder if I can count Jake for another $750:-D

actually, Canada is a great place to live...this is just minor setback that really means nothing in the grand picture of it all:-D

You got that right. We have several places just south of the border where they hold your packages for you and very cheap as well. $3 / package last time I went.

For you guys in and near Manitoba..http://www.menkesparcel.com/

anyone in toronto/hamilton/niagara area i use CBI just 3 mins past the rainbow bridge border...check em out at www.cbiusa.com

I'm usually gone south for long weekends so between me and the misses we can bring back $800 bucks worth of stuff, like this one coming up then when were down south for a month we load up since we're good for $1500, I wonder if I can count Jake for another $750:-D

Yes that would be correct. If you and your misses are gone for more than 48 hours you both have 400 exemption. However you cannot combine the exemption for large item. Only one person can declare an item. So if it's a $500 TV you'll get $400 exemption off and pay taxes and duty on the $100.

For the 7 day exemption of $750 you don't have to have the items with you. You can declare what you bought and show reciepts and proof and then have it delivered or picked up at a later date. It's called goods to follow. The 24 and 48 hour exemptions don't have that clause.

Riddler

I used to go down across the line to a little gas station. They sold ammo and powder etc so before 911 I was able to buy it and bring it across.The border guards all shoot of course so I would meet the Canadian border guys at the range sometimes.The word got to the American guards that I liked to shoot,so we became sort of familiar with each other. Just enough that we would be polite etc. They would still search me,but it's thier job and nothing personal. I never smuggle stuff anyways,so had nothing to hide. I have nothing bad to say about any border guard I've ever met. They all have a job to do.

The secret to good treatment at the border is to smile, nod, say yes sir and co-operate fully.Like it or not,those guys have the ability to tear your car apart and they dont have to put it back together.

The secret to good treatment at the border is to smile, nod, say yes sir and co-operate fully.Like it or not,those guys have the ability to tear your car apart and they dont have to put it back together.

the sad thing is when you do that and they still treat you like crap

-
Back