Canadian build sheet? Doesn't match decoder

-

zackw

Reaction score
I was digging through the PO's paperwork and found the production broadcast/build sheet. I wanted to decode it but it doesn't fully match the layout on mymopar.com. There are also some number-only codes under the "build codes" section (lines 3-5) that don't seem to match up with anything I've seen. I think the "R" plant location means the car was built in Windsor, Canada which might explain why the paperwork is a bit different. Can anyone tell me how to decode the whole thing?

D7nzqrz.jpg

Here is a link to a high resolution image.

Last edited:
Some broadcast sheet codes on Wisdsor built cars were not used at other plants, they had their own system for some things.

list the cars options as it is now or you suspect it was at manufacturer. ( IE auto trans, which trans, which diff, gear ratio, wheel size, disk brakes, center console, etc...) maybe others with CA built cars can help confirm the codes.

Interesting. My 72 Dart was made in the Windsor plant yet my broadcast sheet looks like this. I don't remember inputting it into a decoder, just the fender tag and it decoded fine.

FB_IMG_1555601249833.jpg

Here is an example from a 1970 Windsor built 1970 Dart Swinger I had.

The car did have option group A14 & it was listed on both broadcast sheets but not on the fender tag.

The car had none of the F-codes shown, Windsor did their own thing there for some reason? There have been threads about it here in the past, people wondering if their cars were police cars when they were not.....

windsor sheet oddity.JPG

My car is also a '70 Dart Swinger.

Interesting. My 72 Dart was made in the Windsor plant yet my broadcast sheet looks like this.

Maybe Canada finally got with the program in 72? Lol

As for the options, my car is a slant six 2dr hardtop, A904, brown vinyl interior which I think is original, looks like 9" drum brakes, 2.73 axle. But most of that info is decodable by the first line of the build sheet, which is the same as the "normal" kind as far as I can tell.

-
Back