Canadian Mopars on the street.

-
Cool old Dodge truck on the side of the highway in Parksville today, had a For Sale sign on it.

'78 Dodge club cab, dually, 2wd, with the camper. Looked underneath and noticed a big block. Interior looked pretty decent too. $6000

IMG_7848.JPG

IMG_7842.JPG

IMG_7843.JPG

IMG_7844.JPG

IMG_7845.JPG

IMG_7846.JPG

IMG_7847.JPG

IMG_7841.JPG

Last time out with grandson before rain season and put in storage for winter.

10D3A547-DAF8-4B01-9A3F-F5DED2D48282.jpeg

near kamloops B.C. building 1972 duster .Looking for light besels in nice shape.And does anybody know a good old school glass installer that would do windsheild and back glass at my property. I have back glass and new rubber also new rubber for front but no windsheild .Also all new moulding clips. Not willing to bring it in as it is all apart. My # randy 250 672 9394

near kamloops B.C. building 1972 duster .Looking for light besels in nice shape.And does anybody know a good old school glass installer that would do windsheild and back glass at my property. I have back glass and new rubber also new rubber for front but no windsheild .Also all new moulding clips. Not willing to bring it in as it is all apart. My # randy 250 672 939

Google “automotive glass install/repair shops“ in Kamloops and you’ll find at least one that has a mobile service. That’s what I did 14 years ago and it worked out well (in Vancouver).

'66 Satellite HP2 that I grabbed this Spring without hesitating. One of less than 53 cars badged as such with 9906 miles on the odometer when we brought it home. She's now ready to roll 10,000 on the next cruise, sitting at 9956 right now. Once she rolls 10k she'll get no special treatment.
View attachment 1715978884

View attachment 1715978887 View attachment 1715978889 View attachment 1715978891

View attachment 1715978910
Wow......Where did you find that? Beautiful!

Wow......Where did you find that? Beautiful!
Got a phone call. It's been just down the road in Keswick for 22 years. Was run through a dealer to make the sale easier vs the new taxes applicable on the highest of sale price / appraisal value OR agreed value insurance rules coming into play. (Specified Vehicles | Retail Sales Tax)
Guess they figured out most appraisers were doing what ever you wanted for value, so they've now added agreed replacement value insurance coverage as a new player. I didn't pay anywhere near what Hagerty values the car at and sure don't want to pay tax on that value either.

Last edited:
Got a phone call. It's been just down the road in Keswick for 22 years. Was run through a dealer to make the sale easier vs the new taxes applicable on the highest of sale price / appraisal value OR agreed value insurance rules coming into play. (Specified Vehicles | Retail Sales Tax)
Guess they figured out most appraisers were doing what ever you wanted for value, so they've now added agreed replacement value insurance coverage as a new player. I didn't pay anywhere near what Hagerty values the car at and sure don't want to pay tax on that value either.
Interesting that's what Ontario is doing. BC announced they will be charging taxes on the blue book value of vehicles, no matter what you paid. That came into play the beginning of November. I just got a pair of '68 Monaco's for free, and went in to transfer them in my name. The girl said, "Oh, the cutoff for that new rule is 1980, so anything older than 1980, you just pay taxes on what you paid for the vehicles." Sweet! But the people it'll really hurt are people who go out and buy a 2000 era vehicle, which say is now a $500 beater, but they're paying taxes on the $20K price tag it cost new.

Interesting that's what Ontario is doing. BC announced they will be charging taxes on the blue book value of vehicles, no matter what you paid. That came into play the beginning of November. I just got a pair of '68 Monaco's for free, and went in to transfer them in my name. The girl said, "Oh, the cutoff for that new rule is 1980, so anything older than 1980, you just pay taxes on what you paid for the vehicles." Sweet! But the people it'll really hurt are people who go out and buy a 2000 era vehicle, which say is now a $500 beater, but they're paying taxes on the $20K price tag it cost new.
Manitoba has done that for 15 years or more. Taxes are charged based on the book value if a vehicle is purchased through a private sale, unless of course the selling price is higher than the book, then it is charged on the selling price. Just another government scam to suck more $$ from the public. Taxes on sales through dealers are collected by the dealer, unless it has changed in the 10 years since I left Manitoba.

Ontario has been like that/this for decades. A joke...
Yep.. anything older than 20 years was always tax on the highest, bill of sale OR appraisal. They have now added OR your insured replacement value! So in years past you'd get a bill of sale for 5 grand on the 20 grand car you just bought. The local MTO here tells you what body shop will do an appraisal for you "and just tell him what you want on it and we'll take his certified appraisal as gospel". Now they've added the insured replacement value to the mix.. so if your initial registration is for a "Fit vehicle" you have to show proof of insurance to get that and your plates. They also now have pretty easy access it would seem to look up that you had Hagerty put 45 grand insurance on it and come looking for you for tax on that amount. I may have my tinfoil hat on, but wasn't taking my chances on the '66 HP2. Check Hagerty for valuation on a #1 car.... :eek:

Yep.. anything older than 20 years was always tax on the highest, bill of sale OR appraisal. They have now added OR your insured replacement value! So in years past you'd get a bill of sale for 5 grand on the 20 grand car you just bought. The local MTO here tells you what body shop will do an appraisal for you "and just tell him what you want on it and we'll take his certified appraisal as gospel". Now they've added the insured replacement value to the mix.. so if your initial registration is for a "Fit vehicle" you have to show proof of insurance to get that and your plates. They also now have pretty easy access it would seem to look up that you had Hagerty put 45 grand insurance on it and come looking for you for tax on that amount. I may have my tinfoil hat on, but wasn't taking my chances on the '66 HP2. Check Hagerty for valuation on a #1 car.... :eek:
Before I tell my story, can we all agree that the government putting their hand in your pocket to collect tax on a used car is double-dipping thievery? I mean, they collected tax on the car when it was sold new, and they collect tax on that same car every time it changes hands. Why? Just because the government is involved in the registration of the car? Besides used vehicles I can't think of any other item we have to pay tax on when we buy it in used condition from a private party.

I'm in Ontario and bought a vintage car back in June (85 Toyota Celica Supra, in case anyone cares). I went through process you described, and it's totally insane. The appraisal company did the appraisal VIRUALLY, meaning they never saw the car in person. I just sent a few pics, paid my $90, and they sent me an appraisal for the car in the amount that I asked them to appraise it for. Then I ended up paying tax on that amount.

Hagerty doesn't really care about the appraisal unless you want to pay insurance based on that appraised amount, either higher or lower. I'm sure the government could find out how much I have the car insured for, but if they come after me I would simply tell them I have more insurance on the car than what the appraised value is. And I would also say when I bought the car it wasn't running and I put a lot to time and effort into getting it going, so now it's worth more than the original appraised value.

It's all just a bunch of stupid hoops to jump through so the government can get their pound of flesh.

Prettttty sure that belongs to one of our West Coast Mopars club members, they've come to our show a few times.
I do like his taste in shops! I’ve taken my Scamp to the same shop for exhaust work (installing dual exhaust and 340 manifolds).

-
Back