Canadian VW Passat C/L find!

-

ValiantK360

Reaction score
I saw this really cool Canadian/Euro 1992 Volkswagen Passat on C/L. It's really cool looking and is pretty versatile for what it is. It's not a typical Passat that you find in America...

This Passat is powered by a supercharged 1.8L inline 4 cylinder, paired with a 5-speed manual transmission and is All Wheel Drive!

Yeah it needs a bit of work, but I thought this was pretty cool that a Canadian Passat from 1992 is still around, yet in America. Let me know what you guys think (of both Passats)!

Here's the Canadian Passat: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5404822954.html[

Here's the only other AWD Passat (that you will see in America) which there were around 10,000 made- rare Passat with the W8 engine! This one is MINT and badass since it's a wagon with an 8 cylinder, AWD, and has a 6-speed manual ;).

Here's the W8 Passat: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5472560386.html

Sorry, just appreciating the Kraut burners! :D

I saw this really cool Canadian/Euro 1992 Volkswagen Passat on C/L. It's really cool looking and is pretty versatile for what it is. It's not a typical Passat that you find in America...

This Passat is powered by a supercharged 1.8L inline 4 cylinder, paired with a 5-speed manual transmission and is All Wheel Drive!

Yeah it needs a bit of work, but I thought this was pretty cool that a Canadian Passat from 1992 is still around, yet in America. Let me know what you guys think (of both Passats)!

Here's the Canadian Passat: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5404822954.html[

Here's the only other AWD Passat (that you will see in America) which there were around 10,000 made- rare Passat with the W8 engine! This one is MINT and badass since it's a wagon with an 8 cylinder, AWD, and has a 6-speed manual ;).

Here's the W8 Passat: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5472560386.html

Sorry, just appreciating the Kraut burners! :D

I would be skeptical with the euro Passat because how easy is it going to be to find parts for that around the U.S. ?? i don't know but just giving things to think about.

The wagon is badass for what it is!!!

again ......AWD????

is it going to major heart surgery and expensive to fix a failed AWD setup ??? Do they have any common problems?? again, i don't know but i would be cautious about expensive and exotic parts availability

I would be skeptical with the euro Passat because how easy is it going to be to find parts for that around the U.S. ?? i don't know but just giving things to think about.

The wagon is badass for what it is!!!

again ......AWD????

is it going to major heart surgery and expensive to fix a failed AWD setup ??? Do they have any common problems?? again, i don't know but i would be cautious about expensive and exotic parts availability

Yes very true! The parts are very limited, but driving a unique car like that is cool! Mopars can be just as bad with finding parts for too :banghead:

Yes very true! The parts are very limited, but driving a unique car like that is cool! Mopars can be just as bad with finding parts for too :banghead:

absolutely correct....i am restoring a 68 dodge coronet wagon and the wagon specific parts are almost non-existent.

A windshield gasket is costing almost 5 hundred dollars, yet for a 2 door coronet the gasket would be under 2 hundred. Just because you never see many wagons around anymore and hardly anyone stocks parts for a seldom seen car.

absolutely correct....i am restoring a 68 dodge coronet wagon and the wagon specific parts are almost non-existent.

A windshield gasket is costing almost 5 hundred dollars, yet for a 2 door coronet the gasket would be under 2 hundred. Just because you never see many wagons around anymore and hardly anyone stocks parts for a seldom seen car.

Yeah those are rare too! It's always a hurt for those!

The 92 claims to be a g60 model
That is the supercharged VR6 engine, not the turbocharged 1.8...if I'm not mistaken

-
Back