Cannot get upload function to work reliably

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a compatibility problem. I posted this thread

Fixing (the hated Olds) window motor

and finally posted the photos using photobucket. But I tried to use the "upload" function,

Two things:

1... There is no preview. If you have a folder with a number of photos the board browse function won't show a preview

2....It simply will not browse some folders. I thought it might be related to the size of all the files, so moved only one, which had been cropped and reduced, to my desktop. The browse / upload function would "see" most of the files on the desktop, BUT NOT the target photo

Later I tried to browse my "pictures" folder where I keep most of my photos in separate folders. It would "see" into some of them but not others. No error, just a blank folder view

For the record, I run Firefox 46.0, Linux (Ubuntu / Mate desktop)

Example, I hit the EDIT button, hit "MORE OPTIONS" and "UPLOAD PHOTOS" The screenshots are various folders

The interesting thing is I created some screenshots to illustrate the trouble, and THEY work FINE LOL

Top photo is just opening up the upload browse function and navigating to "where the photos are" The photos are in folder "WindowMotor"

Olds1.jpg

Second photo shows what happens.. a blank looking folder

Olds2.jpg

This is a screenshot of my in-computer file browser....showing what SHOULD be in the folder

OLds3.jpg

1... There is no preview. If you have a folder with a number of photos the board browse function won't show a preview

2....It simply will not browse some folders. I thought it might be related to the size of all the files, so moved only one, which had been cropped and reduced, to my desktop. The browse / upload function would "see" most of the files on the desktop, BUT NOT the target photo

I'm not seeing anything like this
This is just a shot in the dark, but... Log out. Restart your computer, then log back in.. And see if the problem persists.

Ok, another shot in the dark. What is the extension on the photos your not seeing? .jpg .gif

They are jpg but that's what I've always used, and EG the screenshots were saved originally (automatically by Linux) as png, but after editing them, were jpg. So they are the same class photos as the ones I was trying to get to. Boy, I don't know. I guess for now "keep my eyes open" and see what happens.

They are jpg but that's what I've always used, and EG the screenshots were saved originally (automatically by Linux) as png, but after editing them, were jpg. So they are the same class photos as the ones I was trying to get to. Boy, I don't know. I guess for now "keep my eyes open" and see what happens.

Ill give you this, ive never heard about this problem

This morning I moved all the cropped, reduced files from the window project into a separate folder. Total of all these files at that time was 1.5 mb. Upload browse would not pick up any files

Opened them in GIMP, exported them as .jpeg. No go.

Took one photo. exported it as .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .xcf, .gif, and .png

The site upload browse window will pick up gif and png, nothing else. That is, in this "bunch" and in this folder.

But OTHER photos I've got here on the machine in jpg, it WILL pick up

One of these is fig, the other is png

doorcs.gif

doorcs.png

I just tried and it picked them up. Of course I'm not familiar with your operating system, but, IS there any form of drop down menu like windows that you can select which file extension to search for and see?

2wheel squeal.JPG

The browse function by default seems to cover "them all" If you notice the screenshots I posted earlier, that's what it shows, here:

olds2-jpg.1714931239

I really don't get this. First time I've had this sort of trouble

LOL. Don't mean to wish trouble on ya Steve, but at least I don't seem to be alone LOL. What OS does your phone use, AKA Mac, Android, etc?

Im using android phone. I tried adding pics to my "inst bezel" thread and it doesn't work.
Fyi im not bitching just pointing out what doesn't seem to be working.

Joey I just put the thread into Chrome browser, also on this same system and it appears to work, EI I can browse photos. So either something has changed in Firefox, or this site "doesn't like" that browser

I'll see if I can flush out Firefox and try again

test...Chrome works, Firefox does not. Just flushed the cache in Firefox. This is in the same system, Ubuntu / Mate I don' freekin know. I may fire up Winhozed7 and try it in Firefox

412223318.jpg

For those of you having a problem -- try this

Got to your username on top right and click it --- then click PREFERENCES

Uncheck the box next to: Use the Flash-based uploader to upload attachments

Then click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom....

@67Dart273

-
Back