Canopy vinyl roof for Dusters/Darts Sports etc......

-

Valleyant

Valleyant
Reaction score
I have a '74 Duster and want to add a canopy style vinyl roof. I have collected all the trim that I need for this but my concern is getting the top pieces to fasten. I have the 2 small pieces for the bottom of the A-pillar, I have the drip rail pieces and I have the roof trim. What do I do to the roof to get the roof trim to attach? Thank you!

There are small screws that insert into the roof and stick up enough to allow the attachment of the clips. Check eBay. I need to do that on my Sebring when ready for the roof, and got them there....

Thank you guys....have been searching the aftermarket resto places and still looking to see if someone makes a kit for this.... clips and screws/studs.

I don't remember my 73 340 Sport having the screw in studs but its been a long time .
I guess one could use tiny rivet nuts assuming the make them small enough .

I added the canopy top to mine last year, i can't remember where i ordered from, but the screws and plastic clips all came in the same bag , i think 10 screws and 10 clips, had to use a very small drill bit to drill holes, put screws down to end of threads, it leaves about 1/8 then for the plastic clips to go over the screw head ,then you slide clip to the side and it locks in, i think it uses 7 total across top, leaves you 3 spare. The stainless screws that goes on the end on outside of trim next to rain gutter and screws for the a pillar trim are not included, I have the measurements from a factory canopy car on how far apart the factory studs came. Pm me if you need them

-
Back