Can't bring myself to part this rare 340 car out

-
This car has a title and it will still get stripped and scrapped. Due to the parts needed for another build. Sometimes you have to strip the bad ones to save the nice ones. It is the only way to afford to do a A-body and not get to much money invested. Its like buying parts in bulk. Use what you need and sell off the rest to get your parts for free.

View attachment 1715175687

View attachment 1715175688

View attachment 1715175689

View attachment 1715175690

View attachment 1715175691
I’ll say it one time, one time only.

Butchering a car that nice is an unnescessary action

This isn’t the 80’s anymore, even these crappy A bodies are reaching high prices, yet people want to both curse how cars will cost too much too build, and that parts “aren’t cheap” yet will destroy a good car to save a few bucks. Which makes everything cost more. 25 years ago A bodies were worthless, now they’re pretty costly

Last edited:
Surely you jest!!!!!.........I bet Mr. Gorsky was just pulling our leg??????

I’m not pulling your leg and the aftermarket agrees with me. How many sheet metal parts are made for anything past 1972?

Those whining that too many cars are being parted out or sent overseas are the same people who complain when Farmer Joe won’t sell the ‘68 Dart that’s been behind the barn since 1988. He’s not parting it out and not sending it to Sweden.....you can’t have it both ways.

My Demon has a salvage title. The front brakes are from a ‘74 Space Duster, the rear end is out of a ‘70 Super Bee. The rallye dash is out of a ‘68 Barracuda. The rallye wheels are all stamped 1973.

If those cars hadn’t been parted out, my Demon wouldn’t exist.

I bought the red 70 340 Duster in the 80's. I sold it and the guy rebuilt the motor and never drove the car. It sat since then and the guy that bought it wanted the 408 motor from a 71 340 duster I just bought for his 68 Cuda.

I traded him the motor for this car back so I would have the drive train for my 71 340 4spd Demon. I have the 71 Duster left here and was offered more for it than I paid already. So this 70 was free. The car runs and drives like new and the AC works. but it is rusted so bad it is not worth fixing. It would take all frames , all floors ,doors, fenders, quarters. the only thing that doesn't have rot is the roof. It has 72 interior so the 70 interior is gone.

But the motor , trans , and 489 391's are all in excellent condition with all new factory exhaust. Dual point dist. and air cleaner to pan are original. I want this drive line for my Demon.

I paid $4000 for the rust free original brown 340 71 drag car that had the 408. That car will not get stripped and will be sold. I installed a 318 in it with all the 340 parts. I stripped it to bare metal with stripper. I already sold both sets of weld drag lights and othe parts that came with it.

Why would I save the red 70 when I have nicer bodies here than this brown 71 pictured . Some of you all need to get a grip. I am 63 and will fix the ones I have time for. If you want to save one come and buy the brown 71 I would let it go for about 10k the way it sits. with all the parts, paint, and stripe kit

DSCN0010.JPG

DSCN0012.JPG

DSCN0013.JPG

DSCN0014.JPG

DSCN0015.JPG

DSCN0008.JPG

DSCN0009.JPG

This discussion always brings on some emotion. But when someone tells me any Moopar made after '71 ain't work ****, sorry, I will disagree. Yes repop parts are made for those cars in demand and worthy of $ spent on them. ie: second generation charger (68-70) vs third gen!????? ('71-5) Of course the repop stuff is way more \there for the 68-70, does that make a 73 400 Rallye Charger worthless? To some people, others not...
Back before hardly anything was repoped for a Mopar, we parted cars to save others, only way to do it. Yes we parted cars that today would be great candidates for resto. And people now ask stupid price for projects that are piss poor projects!! ???

-
Back