CAN'T FIND 1970 DART 340 HEATER CORE AND EVAPORATOR

-
I just rebuilt my heater/AC box and used this one for the AC condenser 1967-73* DODGE & PLYMOUTH A BODY A/C Evaporator AC Air Conditioning MOPAR | eBay and found the heater core on ebay as well

Resized_20230115_123406.jpeg

Resized_20230115_123457.jpeg

I used to test heater cores and ac evaporators buy applying air pressure and dunking them in a bucket of water. Hard to get the fittings to use sometimes. If they are leaking, you will see the bubbles. The ac ones can take a lot more pressure than the heaters.

I just rebuilt my heater/AC box and used this one for the AC condenser 1967-73* DODGE & PLYMOUTH A BODY A/C Evaporator AC Air Conditioning MOPAR | eBay and found the heater core on ebay as well

View attachment 1716035283

View attachment 1716035284

Did you purchase a rebuilding/gasket kit?

I have both cores. I just don’t know if I want to buy new or work with the ones I have. My luck they test fine and later begin to leak. It’s a lot of work to remove them.

Nice job. One thing off the list.

I used to test heater cores and ac evaporators buy applying air pressure and dunking them in a bucket of water. Hard to get the fittings to use sometimes. If they are leaking, you will see the bubbles. The ac ones can take a lot more pressure than the heaters.

I plan to look into a radiator shop (if they still exist) and see what the cost would be compared to new ones.
Trouble is you don’t know wall thickness and and corrosion levels for even a core that passes a test.

Did you purchase a rebuilding/gasket kit?

I have both cores. I just don’t know if I want to buy new or work with the ones I have. My luck they test fine and later begin to leak. It’s a lot of work to remove them.

Nice job. One thing off the list.
Yes a complete deluxe gasket kit , found a N.OS. motor an original model ,,and a N.O.S. temp probe , as you said its a lot of work to remove , my project is stripped down an good time for it

I plan to look into a radiator shop (if they still exist) and see what the cost would be compared to new ones.
Trouble is you don’t know wall thickness and and corrosion levels for even a core that passes a test.
Agreed, but it is your only option to test one. I usually up the pressure to give myself a little margin. Better than blindly putting it back in.

I JUST got a Four Seasons 98503 heater core off ebay as an extra for Vixen. The one in her is only about four years old, but as quickly as these parts are drying up, I got an extra. I believe that same part number will work for yours. It looks the same.

I JUST got a Four Seasons 98503 heater core off ebay as an extra for Vixen. The one in her is only about four years old, but as quickly as these parts are drying up, I got an extra. I believe that same part number will work for yours. It looks the same.
Is yours a 1969. I think the only difference between 69 and 70-72 is the on inlet size is smaller at 1/2”.
to the OP, I think through researching the heater core for 70-72.5 is the same for AC and without AC.

Is yours a 1969. I think the only difference between 69 and 70-72 is the on inlet size is smaller at 1/2”.
to the OP, I think through researching the heater core for 70-72.5 is the same for AC and without AC.
No it's a 64, but it'd be pretty dumb to let something as simple as hose size hang you up, wouldn't it?

-
Back