Car cover opinions

-

Kllrbee

Reaction score
I tried a search for this, but just comes up with covers for everything else.
Ive heard differing opinions on car covers. Some say you need it, others that it traps moisture.
Whats your thoughts on them?

Btw, Im in midwest and the car is in a fully enclosed garage with concrete floor. NON climate controlled.

A good cover will prevent dirt from accumulating on your car. It will also add a bit of scratch protection. Look for one that is breathable. They are multi layered and don't trap moisture. I have an old one that used a fabric called evolution 3 in it. It has lasted 20+ years and has saved the car from many of things that would have damaged the finish. Mine cost around $100.

Sounds like your main concern is keeping dust off. Get a breathable one, don't focus on waterproof and you'll be fine. Basically anything big enough will work.

In todays market you truly get what you pay for...unless you're covering a BO car , a C-note costing cover will suffice...just my 2 cents of course .

All good comments. My car= covered in the garage also. I prefer a more expensive cover that is thinner, lighter, "slippier" Makes the cover easier to take on/off. More compact storage. Lasts many years.

My generic $50.00 cover from Autozone, advertised "up to 10 years" on the box. After about a year outside, it began to disintegrate.

My several hundred dollar custom-fit "Noah", which I use in a carport, is going on three years and is in almost new shape.

Go to the California car cover web and find what you are looking for. A very good company and good products.

Thanks guys, Ill get one.
Yes, my concern is mostly dust. But it also gets a little humid in there too. Easily fixed with a small dehumidifier.
Ill check out Cali cover. A few recomendations was going to be the next question. Thanks all.

They have several to choose from.Indoor, outdoor ,waterproof,etc.I bought the softest they had about 20 years ago. It's time for a good cleaning if I can find a place to do it.

-
Back