Car Covers ?

-
California car covers is the way to go. Call them and telly them how the car is being stored and they will tell you what cover to buy.

X3 for California Car Covers. If your insurance is through Hagerty then you get 10% off your purchase.

Obviously, avoid any generic sized as "S, Med or Large" or any "one size fits all", also avoid any thin lightweight inexpensive covers.
California car covers are custom fit, and they clean up great in any x-tra large washing machine. Mine was bombarded with bird crap, just followed the directions using Simple Green and drip dried. Looks like new.
They're not cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for.

So I purchased a Dustop California car cover for my 71 Scamp. It came in yesterday and put it on. It doesn't come down far enough to completely cover and protect the sides. Lower rear fenders, rocker panels and lower front quarters are not covered. Does anyone else have this problem?

20200114_184148[1].jpg

20200114_184157[1].jpg

IMO, should be lower.
When you ordered, did they ask about dual sideview mirrors? Or Antennas? That may be holding it up more than usual.
I have the Noah and it covers more than half of all four wheels.
Def call cust service. Theyll make it right.

the one on our dart comes all the way down and somewhat wraps under the rockers...

can you take a picture of the entire car under the cover?

callthem and ask them. they are a good company. sure they will make good.

California is the best . Cotton for inside , "Noah" for outside . Got one from Classic Industries "OEM" cover , never put it on , felt like recycles plastic bottles . guarantee to scratch paint .

So I purchased a Dustop California car cover for my 71 Scamp. It came in yesterday and put it on. It doesn't come down far enough to completely cover and protect the sides. Lower rear fenders, rocker panels and lower front quarters are not covered. Does anyone else have this problem?

View attachment 1715452964

View attachment 1715452966
Is it on backwards?
I have a California car cover for my Barracuda and it is tailor perfect.

Alan

I did mention about side mirrors and antenna. Actually they asked about any modifications. (They had a photo of my car and I did mention the hood scoops, they said that's no big deal.) They don't offer with side pockets for mirrors on mine. And I'm covering it now without any chrome parts on it, it's just the shell of the car right now! So once it's complete, it'll be worse. I did contact them about it. The contact I've been working with said he agreed it doesn't fit so well, and said they have been redoing a lot of their Mopar patterns. He said the Dart cover is one that has been updated, the Scamp not yet. So they suggested I switch mine for a Dart cover, and that's what we're going to try. They already sent me a return shipping label for the Scamp one and the Dart cover is on it's way.

It's on correctly, logo up front. You can tell by the seams too that fit around the front window area it's obviously it only goes one way.

20200114_163745[1].jpg

Last edited:
looks like they sent the wrong cover to me..

we had one for a 69 dart years ago and it fit great. the one for our 70 dart fits great. weird the scamp could be so much different.

glad they are making it right.

Good. Hope the Dart replacement fits better.
Keep us posted.
Good luck.

Mirrors are a non-issue, they give you a grommet for the antenna.
They assumed the Scamp being a Plymouth had a 108 wheelbase and not the longer 111.

Alan

Last edited:
I always buy the next size larger than recomended by what ever company I get a cover from. They always fit then. better off with it a little bigger than to small.

Dave

Ordered this from Cal covers for a 70 dart to go on a 70 dart. Fits with tons of room. The one we bought for a 69 dart fit a 69 dart the same way.

IMG_20200116_122956.jpg

IMG_20200116_123004.jpg

IMG_20200116_123028.jpg

IMG_20200116_123038.jpg

Mirrors are a non-issue, they give you a grommet for the antenna.
They assumed the Scamp being a Plymouth had a 108 wheelbase and not the longer 111.

Alan

Perhaps. After looking at abodyjoe's photos, mine doesn't fit right at all. Look at how the roof line is just a mess compared to how his conforms so much better to the car. But I think it's more than just the wheelbase. Length fits fine (although I don't have bumper on yet).

I always buy the next size larger than recomended by what ever company I get a cover from. They always fit then. better off with it a little bigger than to small.

Dave

These are custom made to the year/make/model of the car. Not S, M, L, XL....

Ordered this from Cal covers for a 70 dart to go on a 70 dart. Fits with tons of room. The one we bought for a 69 dart fit a 69 dart the same way.

Yeah that looks much better and more of what I expected! When I get the new one, I'll put photos up here and see what I got.

Got the new cover. Fits much better. I still don't see how it will fully cover the rockers once I have side mirrors back on but clearly this is a big improvement over the first cover. (Which definitely was for a Duster, I just noticed when boxing up the first cover for return that there's a label with small print on it that reads intermediate fastback. The new box says Dart.)

They still forgot my storage bag though lol. No big deal I'm sure I'll get it.

20200125_103230.jpg

-
Back