Car guy = Social outcast?

-
Question? Do you take your car to the shop to get the breaks bled? Or do call the wife out to pump the pedal?
The answer of this is if you take your car to a shop to have your car brakes bled you're probably a car enthusiast or a guy who really likes cars. But if you bleed your own brakes and your wife helps you then your car guy. Or thereabouts along those lines. So this opens up the window for everyone to be quote-unquote a car guy!

I think there's a correlation between bein a car guy and a social outcast. When I was in school, I had PLENTY of chances too chase skirt and had PLENTY of chances to let skirt catch me, but I didn't mess with girls a whole lot. I was happier layin under a car......anybody's car till the wee hours of the mornin doin what I could to make it go faster. So I guess, in a way, that made me a social outcast. I sure wasn't with the car crowd, though. With four cars in the 10th grade, I was purdy frikkin popular.

In the world of baseball, basketball and football yes we are outcasts. I work with a bunch of sports fans but dont really have anyone to talk cars, there are two but they mpre talk about sports then the cars/truck they are working on, and yes a lone Mopar guy in there too. Like others chased skirts in high school but rather be under a car, now married and kids and my wife comes out and helps when I need her too to hold a wrench or even pump the brakes when I get to that point.

Social outcast maybe ......but who cares!!!

maybe a messed up view of life but I can say I like the company of my cars more than humans.

My cars have never gossiped about me, they have never made empty promises, nor have they have ever tried to use me for what I have and not appreciate it.

if my cars don't run, its my fault only...or perhaps our fault together.

I have happier memories with my cars than I do with humans. Memories like "remember when I 440 swapped that dart", or "remember that wicked burnout I did on an empty back road behind the airport."

People don't really bug me or matter to me when I am taking an afternoon nap in my demon that is on blocks, doesn't run, and parked under a tree, Sure makes the summer memorable and sweet

maybe a messed up view of life but I can say I like the company of my cars more than humans.

My cars have never gossiped about me, they have never made empty promises, nor have they have ever tried to use me for what I have and not appreciate it.

I have happier memories with my cars than I do with humans. Memories like "remember when I 440 swapped that dart", or "remember that wicked burnout I did on an empty back road behind the airport."

People don't really bug me or matter to me when I am taking an afternoon nap in my demon that is on blocks, doesn't run, and parked under a tree, Sure makes the summer memorable and sweet
lol.... noth'n like it, right?

Best thing you can ever do for your life is STOP CARING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF YOU. You can't even imagine how the stress will melt away when you starting living this way. Build your car the way YOU want it. I sure hope you're not on Facebook too. No wonder you are worrying about "LIKES".

Oh, and liking MoPars automatically puts you in the eccentric group. Well, not as bad as AMC guys (who are now under the Pentastar shaped umbrella)! LOL I am joking. I want an AMX baaaaaaaaaad.

That was beautiful. I set half my tunnel ram and carbs on top of my hood the other day with the scoop and sat in the car and pretended the engine was still in there. Leaned the seat back, and listened to The Best of Rush. All of it.

When I envision these video game guys, I think of Millenial age guys shaped like that North Korean idiot Kim Jung Un. (Whatever his name is) Pale faced, fat and sloppy looking....Terminal virgins that may know every trivia question about Star Wars but can't talk to women or change their own oil...IF they even have a car.
I think his real name is ---one hung low !!!

Its other people that call me a Car Guy.

Yup, and I wear that label like a badge of honor. Some of my friends are into golf, others like to hunt or fish and still others go to sporting events or travel a bunch. We work on our cars and go to lots of shows. That may make us different from them but not an outcast. Guess who everyone calls when their car won't start or they need an opinion on something car related?

Hey guys, help me with something. I'm trying to figure out if I am a social outcast because I am a car guy, or because of being a social outcast at a young age, I became a car guy (not a good one). What are your thoughts on that? Do you guys feel like social outcast sometimes because of your car collection?
Nope ! I am what I am, and all my friends and family know it is who and what I and my sons are ..............................................................................................Gear Heads preferred..

I was too young to choose to be a car guy when I became one. Apparently, from the day I was born, it's just what "I AM".

I'll be hangin with the Newfie's today ( about 6 car nuts from Newfoundland ) gathered around their 69 camero street racer. They will be watching me change spark plugs, oil and general maintenance and criticizing me, correcting me all the way. I'll be in heaven.

Am i an outcast for bring for being a car guy?
Hardly.
After my build thread on FABO of my Dart Sport went viral internationally, my popularity has skyrocketed and has no signs of slowing down.
When i used to drive my Dart Sport around town, i'd have people flocking to me by the hundreds wanting my autograph, and women throwing their panties at me hoping i'll even talk to them.
Then there's the constant phone calls from Hollywood and the media for interviews and offers of movie deals.
I was kind of getting tired of it actually.
Then a year ago i decided to take drastic measures:
That's why i gained 50 lbs, had my height reduced to 5'5'', moved to a trailer court on the west side of Lethbridge Alberta, and became a shipper/receiver at a local factory.
Now i can live and work incognito where the paparazzi can't find me.
When i drive the Dart Sport around now, people recognize the car immediately and think i bought the Dart Sport that the world famous Dartnut used to own.
They say we look so much alike that we could be brothers.
I tell them no, i built an exact replica of his famous car, and adopted his basic look. (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)
A lot of people are concerned that the famous Dartnut has not been seen for a year now, but they just assume that he's in hiding and building another one of his masterpieces, soon to be unveiled to the world.
Sooner or later, i'll be found out and will be getting swarmed with attention again.
Such is the life...........

Last edited:
Am i an outcast for bring for being a car guy?
Hardly.
After my build thread on FABO of my Dart Sport went viral internationally, my popularity has skyrocketed and has no signs of slowing down.
When i used to drive my Dart Sport around town, i'd have people flocking to me by the hundreds wanting my autograph, and women throwing their panties at me hoping i'll even talk to them.
Then there's the constant phone calls from Hollywood and the media for interviews and offers of movie deals.
I was kind of getting tired of it actually.
Then a year ago i decided to take drastic measures:
That's why i gained 50 lbs, had my height reduced to 5'5'', moved to a trailer court on the west side of Lethbridge Alberta, and became a shipper/receiver at a local factory.
Now i can live and work incognito where the paparazzi can't find me.
When i drive the Dart Sport around now, people recognize the car immediately and think i bought the Dart Sport that the world famous Dartnut used to own.
They say we look so much alike that we could be brothers.
I tell them no, i built an exact replica of his famous car, and adopted his basic look. (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)
A lot of people are concerned that the famous Dartnut has not been seen for a year now, but they just assume that he's in hiding and building another one of his masterpieces, soon to be unveiled to the world.
Sooner or later, i'll be found out and will be getting swarmed with attention again.
Such is the life...........

funny enough, but there is a grain of truth to it
i used to live on a main thoroughfare of our town, with not enough garage space for the duster, so it was parked in the driveway
i also swapped the engine out of it...in the driveway...twice

once she was up and running again people would approach me (usually in parkinglots) and ask "hey, didnt i see this car on James street?"
it got so common that one year i entered a local car show and on the tag wrote "James street Duster"

PLOW
plou/
noun
  1. 1.
    a large farming implement with one or more blades fixed in a frame, drawn by a tractor or by animals and used for cutting furrows in the soil and turning it over, especially to prepare for the planting of seeds.
  2. 2.
    a yoga pose assumed by lying on one's back and swinging one's legs over one's head until the outstretched feet approach or touch the floor.
Do you farm or you into yoga?
Close, but no cigar

20171212_180928.jpg

Have to agree it doesn't matter what people think of you being a car guy, course most people when they find out start asking questions about their cars or buying a new car, I've been asked alot about both these. But I don't care what they think, when there isn't any other car guy around always have these forums to go too.

I guess I've never really taken too much ridiculing for being a car guy. I've had more positive responses than anything. I guess if you are happy in your own skin, others will be to.....

P.S. - J par, that is a phrase meaning "happy with yourself"...... everybody here wearing clothes. Sorry folks, had to help the lame

Some of my best memories revolve around cars, what I have done on/in them, the friends I have made and helping them out with racing them.

I'm an outcast because I'm an asshole, nothing to do with cars.
You know you are a car guy when everyone you know asks when will you be done with the dart-demon-Barracuda-duster-or any other project auto you are spending time and treasure on.

not really a out cast,..more of a loner! grew up around hot mopars an some gm products and big trucks and dirt track racing! had alot more cars n trucks than i ever had balls n bats n gloves! played 5 years of foot ball but never was any good at it.. but always been good at working on cars an trucks.

-
Back