Car parts in the house

-
I was working on a geo metro head a few years ago and was having a tough time getting the guides out. My wife was gone so I put the head in the oven and set it on 300 degrees. I went out to start on another job and went in to get the head with my welding gloves after about an hour. Man the whole house stunk and the kitchen was smokey! The guides came right out though....

The house stunk for a few days after.

I still haven't lived that one down.

Just a few now but when I restored my 59 Sweptside there were parts here and there. It was hard to remember where I stashed them six yrs later

For a few years, in the winter months, when i came into the house, this race hemi exhaust system, became my coat rack. lol :rolleyes:

Race Hemi Exhaust 002 (Copy).JPG

I have all kinds of parts in my home office & my closet. What the wife doesn't see, or know about won't hurt ME! LMAO

Not in the last 30 years, but in the late 80's still living at my parent's house in my early 20's, I had a 71 cuda grill in the basement ceiling and an AAR six pack set up in the Christmas closet. Was also redoing a 69 Road Runner at the time and the complete interior and all 4 new wheels and tires were in the basement.

Our oldest son has my 68 ragtop rear interior panels, his spare 65 Cuda back glass and some spare SRT4 body parts in his basement.

I had a pair of Magnum heads downstairs for probably 10 years. I brought them up to take them to a swap meet (and never die) A few days in the garage and they flash rusted on the machine surfaces. Back to the basement they go!
Dang, sometimes I wish it were humid here so we can have lush green grass and nice trees but instead we get dry dust and thorny ground cover over parched dirt.

I one time stripped a fender to bare metal and saw how bent it is so I threw it behind a barn still bare metal. A year later it had spots of surface rust but there is still a lot of clean bare metal.

It's a trade off

so I think most of you on here share the same car sickness that i have and am so proud of.

So any of you guys keep car parts in the house or I'm i the only weirdo?

I mean, I don't see any reason to waste good storage space under the bed when a couple of 4 speeds and a few rally dash clusters fit nice there. I have the compete rally dash for my 68 coronet on a shelf in the closet. Makes sense to me, out of the elements, and close by where I know where it is. Glass wrapped in towels and put in the back of the closet, how does that NOT make sense.

I'm thinking of restoring a grille for living room decor.

I'm not alone right??

So you've got all us showin our in the house car parts. Where are yours?

Dang, sometimes I wish it were humid here so we can have lush green grass and nice trees but instead we get dry dust and thorny ground cover over parched dirt.

I one time stripped a fender to bare metal and saw how bent it is so I threw it behind a barn still bare metal. A year later it had spots of surface rust but there is still a lot of clean bare metal.

It's a trade off

i`d take dry heat anytime for working outside , cant wipe ur brow fast enough here the last couple of days . Dripping in paint , running all over my glasses -------
clothes stuck to u so bad u cant hardly get ur shirt off----------

And this NASCAR, Max Wedge Tri-Y left side, exhaust manifold was my "door stopper" back in the day, when i owned it.

:rolleyes: Exhaust system parts for the door, and post #54 coat rack. lol :rolleyes:

Max Wedge Tri-Y..jpg

Last year we took the dash out of the Barracuda. It sat on the kitchen table and island for a couple months.
I had car parts scattered across the bed in the spare bedroom, and front and backseat in the living room for four months.
Wife didn't care, knew not to touch anything, and never complained.
I'm a lucky man!!

-
Back