Car show story

-

gunbunny

Reaction score
I meant to post this a couple days ago, but here we are. I think you might get a kick out of it.
Anyway, this past Saturday, myself and a couple of friends made the drive out to Adams Co in Ohio. I don't expect you guys to know about Adams Co, but it has a huge Amish population.
My wife knows that there is a Amish Bakery sorta kinda on the route to the car show.
They have some awesome doughnuts and since I'm a fat guy who likes doughnuts, it didn't take much persuasion on the part of my wife to stop.
To get there, you have to jump off the main road and drive thru Amish Country.
We stop, grab a couple dozen to share with our friends we're going to meet and head on to the show.
We get there, I pull the car up and put it in place.
My buddy Bill walks over and says "I thought you cleaned the car before you left?" I told him I had. He point to the rockers and says "But you got mud down the rockers!"
"Bill" I said "that's not mud." Bill replied that it was indeed mud. I kept trying to tell Bill, that wasn't mud.
Finally Bill sticks his finger into the "mud' and says, "See, I told you it's mud!"
I just looked at Bill and said, "Bill. we just drove through Amish Country and followed a horse and buggy for a mile or so, that might be horse dirt, but it's not mud."
Anyway, Bill wasn't allowed to grab doughnuts out of the box after that.

Last edited:
I meant to post this a couple days ago, but here we are. I think you might get a kick out of it.
Anyway, this past Saturday, myself and a couple of friends made the drive out to Adams Co in Ohio. I don't expect you guys to know about Adams Co, but it has a huge Amish population.
My wife knows that there is a Amish Bakery sorta kinda on the route to the car show.
They have some awesome doughnuts and since I'm a fat guy who likes doughnuts, it didn't take much persuasion on the part of my wife to stop.
To get there, you have to jump off the main road and drive thru Amish Country.
We stop, grab a couple dozen to share with our friends we're going to meet and head on to the show.
We get there, I pull the car up and put it in place.
My buddy Bill walks over and says "I thought you cleaned the car before you left?" I told him I had. He point to the rockers and says "But you got mud down the rockers!"
"Bill" I said "that's not mud." Bill replied that it was indeed mud. I kept trying to tell Bill, that wasn't mud.
Finally Bill sticks his finger into the "mud' and says, "See, I told you it's mud!"
I just looked at Bill and said, "Bill. we just drove through Amish Country and followed a house and buggy for a mile or so, that might be horse dirt, but it's not mud."
Anyway, Bill wasn't allowed to grab doughnuts out of the box after that.
Lol! I drove through that area, bought a 170 Slanty & trans I had to pull out of a '62 Vali sdn, nice Dudes. I also followed a H&B a frustrating distance in Trusty Rusty, did NOT sample the road "dirt", lol! Started raining before I got 2 miles out headed home to PA, got a "pre-wash" courtesy Ma nature.

-
Back