Car won`t fire

-

EW170RT

Reaction score
I could use some help on my 75 dart it won`t fire. I have replaced the coil, the cap and rotor, the resister, the control box, and I have put a different dist. in it and still no fire. I did have spark a couple times so what ever is happening must have a short in it. The car has a 360 in it.

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

get a test light. test power at 1 side of ballast resistor, then go to other side of ballast. if power there, go to coil, power at + terminal? if no power even at ballast, then check at bulhead connector, if not there, then you need to go under the dash. hopefully you have a FSM, if not you can get a schematic from mr mopar tech here, i think he has em' all.

Hotwire it and see if you can get it to run. Give 12v to the 'in' on the ballast resistor (from the battery). And then jump the terminals on the starter relay to crank it. It should fire up (just remember you'll need to pull the wire off the ballast or the + on the battery to stop it from running. But that will let you know if there is a wiring issue in the bulkhead or anywhere else.

I finally got my car running it turned out to be a bad ground. It took out the control module also. I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice

Jeff

-
Back