car won,t run consistent

-

barracuda man

Reaction score
:sad: : whats the deal. 1st and 2nd round it runs dead on 7.26@92 mph! leaves hard with no stumble.Thin the third round big stumble and 7.47@88 mph! Forth round big stumble off the line.Mph is back @92 but the et is 7.35.Fifth round same stumble 7.31@92 Mph. the car starts to pick back up but it takes 4 rounds.WHATS THE DEAL :blah5:

What's the temp on the runs? Do you stage at the same temp? And the temp at the track?

check the timing chain for slack as well. I know we had the same problem on our 440 powered daytona which was imported from the states. We set the timing at 36 deg and the car did the same thing after the run, checked the timing and found it back at 30. found a fair bit of slack in a well worn timing chain. replaced it and now running consistant 9.3 1/4

I had a similar problem with my car. It was running right at the verge of being too lean. It was OK mid day but when the air temp started to cool off and the engine wasn't at full operating temp it would stumble leaving in the later rounds but would MPH Ok and sometimes a little faster because of the lean out at top end. I raised my jets 2 sizes and now don't have a bit of trouble leaving and any engine or air temp.

Chuck

Something else..Do you run an air cleaner? Many guys I see dont in the brackets, and on a summer day, I've seen them return to "normal" after hitting the air bleeds with carb clean and blowing them out. It deosnt take much to change an air bleed.

:) I went to the other wed page and talked to some racers on it.Decided to open vent on fuel cell and put a new fuel filter and lines.one guy said maybe the converter .another said might be the MSD 6al box.I will test this sunday.Thanks Baracuda Man. :lol:

-
Back