-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Map63Vette

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale are a Carter Thermoquad (I believe 650 cfm) and a Lunati cam and lifter set for a big block. The cam is part number 638-00032LK. The duration is 292/292 with a lift of .480/.480. Both the cam and carb were installed on a 440 years ago but the engine never ran with them. The engine was cranked over with the parts installed, but due to an ignition problem the engine never ran and the parts were swapped out trying to determine the problem, so they are like new. Asking $75 for the carb and $75 for the cam and lifter set plus shipping from 66049.

Here are some pictures as well. The bottom plate reads 9058s and on the next line 044 6. The top plate reads Carter Thermo-Quad and 6-2146.

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

Cam sold today locally, anyone want a near new carb? Got a box ready for it to ship and everything, lol.

Okay, I have an update for everyone. Because I didn't want to put out any false information and because I was rather curious myself, I went and looked up everything I could find about any number that was stamped on this thing. What I found was the Vaanth Thermoquad guide http://www.rockcharger.com/tech/vaanth_thermo-quad_guide.txt If you check this page and look up a 9058 it comes up as a 76 carb for a 440 with an automatic transmission meeting federal emissions with an idle enrichment circuit. It also lists as being 800 cfm, though some report it as 850. It has 1.5 inch primaries and 2.25 inch secondaries. If you look further up the site from the part number listings it has a diagram of all the possible ports that came on any Thermoquad. This particular one has the ports for the ported distributor vacuum advance, PCV valve, canister purge, EGR venturi port, air cleaner heated air temp sensor, choke pull off, and choke pull off diaphram (A C D F J L and M on the diagram). All but the vacuum advance, and choke pull off were plugged when it was installed, but several of the plugs were transferred to the new carb when it was installed, so they are not all currently plugged. This thing is pretty much brand spanking new and we paid $180 for it when we bought it, so I'm very firm on the price and really don't want to go under $75. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll see what I can answer for you.

Carb still for sale. It's even all boxed up and ready to go, managed to get it in a flat rate box. I think it was around $15 to ship anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back