Carb guys I have a simple question (s)

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 1050 dominator I got from a buddy-former member. Anyways it's a 3 circuit & I know I sure the heck don't need the intermediate circuit.
Question is, can I thread & plug the well hole on the body & leave the metering blocks alone ? Since I don't believe there will be a draw from a plugged circuit. But I do need to know where that fuel would enter the carb?
One personal question on if you'd do it, 3 inches of spacer, a 1 inch merge with a 2 inch 4500 to 4150 manifold and should I use the merge above or below the adapter ?
I'm kind of in a situation trying to decide if I should build my 830 into a annular booster 850 of just go 1050. My engine should ingest what a 1050 will suck in

Maga, you need to search and find the correct book, there are plenty out there. Good luck.
Thanks, I agree & Have done many a search, kinda why I'm asking my friends here.

I'm not to familiar with the 3 circuit Dominator (Not familiar with any dominator) but why would this circuit be of a problem.
I assume this is for drag racing?

I'm not to familiar with the 3 circuit Dominator (Not familiar with any dominator) but why would this circuit be of a problem.
I assume this is for drag racing?
Because of making the mixture over rich.
Yes, for drag racing.

I'm just a dummy taking about what i don't know................but sence no one else is chiming in...............

I thought the 3d circuit was to make it more streetable. So it's not activated at idle or at full throttle. I don't know....

I have a 1050 dominator I got from a buddy-former member. Anyways it's a 3 circuit & I know I sure the heck don't need the intermediate circuit.
Question is, can I thread & plug the well hole on the body & leave the metering blocks alone ? Since I don't believe there will be a draw from a plugged circuit. But I do need to know where that fuel would enter the carb?
One personal question on if you'd do it, 3 inches of spacer, a 1 inch merge with a 2 inch 4500 to 4150 manifold and should I use the merge above or below the adapter ?
I'm kind of in a situation trying to decide if I should build my 830 into a annular booster 850 of just go 1050. My engine should ingest what a 1050 will suck in
If it's suckin' all that down, it's probably really fun!

Does he answer questions for free or a guy who wants to sell a new carb, I've heard great stuff about him for sure.

He will help you for free. Dom is a cool cat, but he does not suffer fools. Not that you are a fool. Just my observation dealing with him. He knows carbs as good as anyone I know. And he won’t BS you.

My 3 circuit 1050/4500 works great.
Yeah I'm not surprised to hear that from you, lol.
I guess I hear so many people talk crap about them I just figured it they sucked.
Is yours on a really high powered lightweight drag car

He will help you for free. Dom is a cool cat, but he does not suffer fools. Not that you are a fool. Just my observation dealing with him. He knows carbs as good as anyone I know. And he won’t BS you.
Thank you Rat Bastid, I will give him a call

Is yours on a really high powered lightweight drag car

Honestly, I can’t think of any of my customers who run a 2 circuit 4500 carb.
Some are on 10 second street/strip cars, some are on lightweight drag cars(as quick as 7 second rails).

Well, I guess theres one carb that might be a 2 circuit.
I never asked. It’s whatever AED built for him.

I know Dom is pro-2 circuit, so that’s the direction he will likely steer you.

I believe Dom is a huge fan of the two circuit…. Will he try and sell you a carb? Maybe…. but he does deal in some nice stuff. Can you leave the metering blocks alone? I believe the answer to that is no…. Seems there’s some passages there that require blocking off also. Let us know what you find.

I believe Dom is a huge fan of the two circuit…. Will he try and sell you a carb? Maybe…. but he does deal in some nice stuff. Can you leave the metering blocks alone? I believe the answer to that is no…. Seems there’s some passages there that require blocking off also. Let us know what you find.
Yeah, I figured that after I wrote it. Just plugging the air would do nothing to control the fuel into the carb. I will call Dom, I definitely won't be sold anything. I'll let you guys know what I figure out

Honestly, I can’t think of any of my customers who run a 2 circuit 4500 carb.
Some are on 10 second street/strip cars, some are on lightweight drag cars(as quick as 7 second rails).

Well, I guess theres one carb that might be a 2 circuit.
I never asked. It’s whatever AED built for him.

I know Dom is pro-2 circuit, so that’s the direction he will likely steer you.
Honestly if I can figure out how to tune a 3 circuit to fit my needs I'd be fine with it. But I'll ask him what I should do.

I'm just a dummy taking about what i don't know................but sence no one else is chiming in...............

I thought the 3d circuit was to make it more streetable. So it's not activated at idle or at full throttle. I don't know....
Right it's part throttle but I don't believe it helps street manners since it's already plenty fueled with the main jets. Or I guess it would be my carb has 96 jets squared

I picked Dom's brain off and on for several years but did eventually let him build me a carb around my BLP main body. I couldn't in good conscious go anywhere else. Dom's a good dude in my book.

Honestly if I can figure out how to tune a 3 circuit to fit my needs I'd be fine with it. But I'll ask him what I should do.

When you figure out how to tune a 3 circuit carb let me know. There are only a couple of times where I would use one. E85 would be one IF the carb was 1200 CFM or more. A highly oxygenated fuel would be the other, but again it would have to be a very big carb. And since I haven’t done an E85 carb I’m not so sure you’d need a 3rd circuit for that either, if you can get the main jet well big enough.

From what I was told by a guy who designs carbs, that 3rd circuit was done to help small inch engines with a pair of big carbs on it. Even with the best boosters that had they couldn’t get enough signal and there was a big hole in the fuel curve. Since the 3rd circuit is a plain tube located in the venturi, it will pull fuel a cover that hole. The other time he told me he uses a 3rd circuit is in tractor pull applications especially on oxygenated fuels and big carbs. Carbs upwards of 1600 CFM each. You can’t get enough fuel through the Jets so they add that 3rd circuit and enough emulsion to choke a horse.

Other than that I can’t think of a reason for slobbering fuel from a plain tube when you can get it through the booster and get properly atomized fuel.

Also remember that pump gas today is blended for EFI, not for carbs. So booster choice becomes even more critical.

When you figure out how to tune a 3 circuit carb let me know. There are only a couple of times where I would use one. E85 would be one IF the carb was 1200 CFM or more. A highly oxygenated fuel would be the other, but again it would have to be a very big carb. And since I haven’t done an E85 carb I’m not so sure you’d need a 3rd circuit for that either, if you can get the main jet well big enough.

From what I was told by a guy who designs carbs, that 3rd circuit was done to help small inch engines with a pair of big carbs on it. Even with the best boosters that had they couldn’t get enough signal and there was a big hole in the fuel curve. Since the 3rd circuit is a plain tube located in the venturi, it will pull fuel a cover that hole. The other time he told me he uses a 3rd circuit is in tractor pull applications especially on oxygenated fuels and big carbs. Carbs upwards of 1600 CFM each. You can’t get enough fuel through the Jets so they add that 3rd circuit and enough emulsion to choke a horse.

Other than that I can’t think of a reason for slobbering fuel from a plain tube when you can get it through the booster and get properly atomized fuel.

Also remember that pump gas today is blended for EFI, not for carbs. So booster choice becomes even more critical.
Yeah, you make some great points. Lots to think about. I'm also trying to figure out my spacer & adapter to my 4150 trickflow intake manifold, some say it's fine because the extra plenum volume. It will be 3 inches total height, that's the only thing I think could help atomization on the intermediate. what do you think?
I have no 4500 flange options at this point

Yeah, you make some great points. Lots to think about. I'm also trying to figure out my spacer & adapter to my 4150 trickflow intake manifold, some say it's fine because the extra plenum volume. It will be 3 inches total height, what do you think. I have no 4500 flange options at this point

Depends on the manifold but an 4500 adapter/spacer can make more power than a 4150 with the same size (height) spacer.

-
Back