carb question

-

moparraceman

Reaction score
buying a carb 750 double pump is there much difference in perf , with a carb that has top cut for better air than one thats not ? thanks my 750 looks great but will not run the motor ,hit the gas pedal squiters squit gas , but wont run, tries to run if you pump the **** out of it, put another carb on fires right up, been apart several times cleaned ,checked cant find trouble new needle and seats,set gas level,getting 6 to 7 lbs pressure , not flooding ??????????

The best bang for the buck right now is the ProForm carb.

I wouldn't buy anything with the Holley name on it. They charge too much and you never know what the tune up will be when you get it.

If you don't mind spending $850.00 for a carb, call BLP and buy a B4X carb. That's cheap money for an all billet carb.

I've got a Quickfuel Q-850 on my 360 BEST carb I ever bought ran flawlessly on my 416 too..only had to change jets on it according to the weather..Jegs sells them for $740.00 might find it cheaper though:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've got a Quickfuel Q-850 on my 360 BEST carb I ever bought ran flawlessly on my 416 too..only had to change jets on it according to the weather..Jegs sells them for $740.00 might find it cheaper though:thumbsup::thumbsup:

QF is now owned by Holley and QF owns ProForm so it's another corporate mess. I made a phone call yesterday to verify I wasn't off my rocker (it's probable but not in this case) and Holley is doing its same old crap...which is monopolize the market, produce crap, rig rules and all the rest.

I hope that Holley will just leave QF alone and all will be fine. Knowing the past history of Holley I doubt that will happen.

Past performance is the best indicator of future results.

I had a new quick fuel out of the box that was JUNK. Sent it back got my money back. I run an AED 750 HOM performance carb on my duster, and will never run anything else.

I had a new quick fuel out of the box that was JUNK. Sent it back got my money back. I run an AED 750 HOM performance carb on my duster, and will never run anything else.

And THAT'S exactly what I was afraid of. Holley is the STD of carbs. They spread their junk to any brand they acquire. Damn what a shame.

buying a carb 750 double pump is there much difference in perf , with a carb that has top cut for better air than one thats not ? thanks my 750 looks great but will not run the motor ,hit the gas pedal squiters squit gas , but wont run, tries to run if you pump the **** out of it, put another carb on fires right up, been apart several times cleaned ,checked cant find trouble new needle and seats,set gas level,getting 6 to 7 lbs pressure , not flooding ??????????
Don’t throw your dough at another carb. I’ve got a carb shop just up the road in Youngstown. I can straighten things out and if you want mill the air horn off and blend it in. I can also recolor the body and replate the linkage if you want. Everything is test run and tuned before it leaves. And if you ever have a problem, we can talk face to face and I can even take a ride with you. Instead of waiting on hold for a salesman. Woodruff Carburetor Specialties 330-799-9479

Don’t throw your dough at another carb. I’ve got a carb shop just up the road in Youngstown. I can straighten things out and if you want mill the air horn off and blend it in. I can also recolor the body and replate the linkage if you want. Everything is test run and tuned before it leaves. And if you ever have a problem, we can talk face to face and I can even take a ride with you. Instead of waiting on hold for a salesman. Woodruff Carburetor Specialties 330-799-9479

This would be the best option for the OP and most likely the most cost effective. This is what I would do if I were the OP.

Which Quickfuel did you have??...everyone I know running them loves them..

Dana is close and is a member, any carb can run great,you just got to tune the **** out of it.
For $850, I'd go EFI @ $862
fif-30002_bm_ml.jpg

I used Woodruff Carb Shop for an older 3310-1 carb I've had for better than 25 years. They did an outstanding job and is on the car in my avatar. The carb is running perfect and only had minimal adjustments to make it work with my engine combo.
Highly recommend Dave at Woodruff and customer service was excellent. Dave even did a follow up call to ask how it was after install.
img_1574-jpg.jpg

img_1573-jpg.jpg

Kevin

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
here you go !!!!

I'm running the same carb on my 410, I actually bought mine from a vendor, had I taken a little extra time and called AED beforehand I might very well ordered directly from them with it set up possibly closer to ideal than what it was off the shelf. But, I actually learned more tuning it myself in the end. I did talk to them in the beginning to get the bleeds in the ball park. Very helpful and knowledgeable tech line. (I also consider a few guys here that post as another tech line!) Well worth considering them as a source for a carb IMO

Sounds like some one has the wrong gaskets or metering block on it not letting your boosters pull the fuel out of bowels.. Because your squitters are on a different circuit than your idle circuit ..I have a proform center for that carb for sale..

DSCN0857 (1).JPG

the problen was the lower vanes in the metering blocks was pluged with dirt, and bad gas, woodruff carb specialties had it fix in 1 day, he does run it on a engine 330 799 9479 youngstown ohio

the problen was the lower vanes in the metering blocks was pluged with dirt, and bad gas, woodruff carb specialties had it fix in 1 day, he does run it on a engine 330 799 9479 youngstown ohio
I was gonna comment that it sounded like a circuit was plugged up. Glad you got it straight. Cheaper than a new one. Everyone loves to spend your money.

-
Back