Carb Rebuild Service?

-

KOZ45

Reaction score
I have an unknown Holley double pumper that came on my 440 Duster

I would like the carb completely gone through, cleaned and all new gaskets and wear items replaced

New carbs are alot of money and I am hoping mine can be salvaged

Can anyone recommend a company?

Thanks

I cant wait to get my carb back from Woodruff

I am blown away at how awesome this shop is............and I had no idea what goes into to selecting or rebuilding a carb

They called today and asked about the car, the motor, the rear end, and the trans......all to tune and adjust the carb?!?!.........again, had no idea. Thought it was a buy, bolt on, and go part.

Highly recommended and I am so glad shops like this still exist

Did I install the springs and linkages correctly?

Snapchat-1079871789.jpg

It's a fun job rebuilding a carburetor . A pair of needle nose, a pair of screwdrivers, pliers and crescent wrench. cleaner and air. and a kit
Probably the easiest thing you could rebuild.
Go for it :thumbsup:

Did I install the springs and linkages correctly?

View attachment 1715591571
They're in the correct place but something isn't right.
The throttle pressure 'kickdown' linkage should be up against the the throttle pin.
Go to the shop manual, it shows how to set it up and adjust it.
Thre's also an MTSC specifically on the topic of transmission throttle linkage.

The silver spring isn't mopar, but it will work.
Looks like it could be a little stiff.

Mega parts has them towards the end of the fuel section. Pick your poison.

Thanks............I will have to look around

Google search revealed a ton of different linkage/spring setups for 440s

Is the spring I need called a "rear throttle return spring"?

I also found this pic...........looks pretty close to my spring/linkage setup
Capture.PNG

If your going with Mega Parts, '69 big block would probably work. Or any of the big block springs.

Thanks.

I guess I am trying to understand the difference (if there is any) between the two springs..........one is mounted on a bracket on the motor (running back towards the carb linkage) and one is mounted closer to the firewall (running forwards towards the carb linkage).

Are they both the same spring part number? What are each called?

They are not the same, one is there to keep the throttle pressure or "kickdown" linkage in place, which is against the pin, while the other spring is the throttle return, it is there to prevent the throttle from staying open. Both are important and necessary for proper operation.

I do not have a BB. Maybe someone else could send a picture, or look through past posts for a picture. You probably have the correct trans. spring.

I cant wait to get my carb back from Woodruff

I am blown away at how awesome this shop is............and I had no idea what goes into to selecting or rebuilding a carb

They called today and asked about the car, the motor, the rear end, and the trans......all to tune and adjust the carb?!?!.........again, had no idea. Thought it was a buy, bolt on, and go part.

Highly recommended and I am so glad shops like this still exist

Dana did my thermoquad and did an amazing job on it. I always recommend him when I see someone looking for a carb rebuilt.

-
Back