Carlisle

-
I know, I'm almost sun burnt and my calves feel like i've walked for miles. But we had a great time..there were some parts I wished I would have bought and some I found out I could have gotten cheaper. But all in all, I'm glad we came.

I am back home in Alabama. Had a great time with my brother and meeting several members here. I put almost 2100 miles on the "decoy" and didn't have an odometer on my feet but two solid days of walking I am sure put me over the 2100 mile mark. Thanks for the great time, Joe

Got home today. Have another year under belt. Had a great time. Seen a lot of great looking cars.

Carlisle was a blast! I had my Scamp on the showfield for fun. I got some parts, my big score was a 2 piece steel fan shroud for my '68 - original, blasted and powder-coated for $150. Reproductions go for $250 and up. I saw a lot of really nice Mopars, and talked with some very cool people. If any of you haven't been there before - you gotta go!

......was there Friday and Saturday.....I failed miserably in locating any FABO members and I even made notes on my phone to spaces and member names.....Had a great time. I somehow found a Carter 4936S carb....I found the one and only one there....Its for a 70 340 Duster 4 speed with CA ECS.....It was in decent shape but I'm hoping to get it looking like the day it was made.. I was hoping to find a thumbwheel radio for a 70 Rallye Dash Duster but did't find it so my search for a radio continues. A lot of the same parts at different locations. Didn't see many deals and the prices were about what you can get by ordering online. What I bought except for the carb saved me shipping costs, that's about it.....So many Mopars and the people were amazingly friendly. Already cant wait till next year

Did anyone see the 70 340 Duster B5 blue that was for sale? Larry from Canada started at $23,900 and was at $21K when I talked to him....It was clean but although the VIN said H code it was a non matching 340 and it was supposed to be an auto car but was changed to a 4 speed. I think he said he did not have a fender tag also. Auto to a 4 speed is not a bad change as far as I'm concerned and he said he had all the components to put it back to original. . No fender tag and a copy of the build sheet. What do you think a good offer for that car would be. It was Canadian built and he boasted about the fact that Canadian cars are better for some reason over US built cars.

I picked up some small parts i needed, a couple of trannys and a wiper assembly. I found a good price on a floor pan, but didn't want to risk going back to Tx. with it strapped to my truck..lol. I met this one guy who had a original carb for a hemi, I don't remember what he said it was but he wanted 3500.00 for it.

I met some new made friends and sold a few parts i had around. Picked up a few things i needed . There was a green Dart 69 custom convertible in the Dart modified section. Just wondered if anyone saw it. Never saw one so well done. Shown by the builder.

Ok...refresh my memory because I packed all the business cards I got and I forgot. Was it SgntBarracuda or barracudakid that I talked to about a square rod inside the rear seat that operates the latches?

I had an awesome time. Bought a few parts for my cars. Sold a few parts, Meet a lot of members here. Can't wait until next year.
You should have stopped my spot, I had a few 70 Duster rally dash Radios. I have one left.
I also have the square bar rod for the seat if still needed.

IMG_3541.JPG

Last edited:
Met FABO members red67gts & dartcuda1 Great guys. Loved meeting & talking to them. Hope to meet more next year.

You forgot to come by P205-P206 :lol:
Yea I know. A friend was paying me to sell his parts. So had to stick around his spots. Even though there wasn't many people walking the flea market. I didn't get to walk around much. Between my back & selling parts. The only thing I got to check out was the barracudas. I wanted to see how many big block barracudas showed up.

Yea I know. A friend was paying me to sell his parts. So had to stick around his spots. Even though there wasn't many people walking the flea market. I didn't get to walk around much. Between my back & selling parts. The only thing I got to check out was the barracudas. I wanted to see how many big block barracudas showed up.
Yeah, I was alone on my spots also. Did have some friends come and hang out , so I could get out for a bit. I did have several, maybe 8 Forum members stop by tho. Next year I'm just takin JUNK , so I can walk away when I want to. I mean, after all, We need to enjoy the event also !!

Yeah, I was alone on my spots also. Did have some friends come and hang out , so I could get out for a bit. I did have several, maybe 8 Forum members stop by tho. Next year I'm just takin JUNK , so I can walk away when I want to. I mean, after all, We need to enjoy the event also !!
Yea I wont do that again. I got paid well & he paid for my hotel room but I saw nothing ! It got to the point where I was looking for someone to watch the parts so I could take a piss break

Pretty sure it was a much bigger show this year. Show field was packed, and unlike last year, all the vendor spaces were sold out. Last year there were alot of empty vendor spaces.
I took my 66 Sport Fury this year, so I wasn't in the A body section. A few buddies that I caravaned to the show were with the A bodies though. One buddy drove his 383 4 speed yellow 67 Formula S fastback survivor, another drove his orange 71 340 stripe delete Duster (its for sale by the way), and another drove his yellow 70 318 Swinger (also for sale) and they were on the show field in the A body section.

Here are links to my photos from the weekend:

Thursday: 398 pictures from the trip up, special displays, the car corral, and the cruise in
2016 Chrysler Carlisle Thursday 7/14/16 Day 1 | Facebook

Friday: 645 pictures from the car corral, vendor area and some of the cars on the show field
2016 Chrysler Carlisle Friday 7/15/16 Day 2 | Facebook

Saturday morning:755 pictures walking the show field including station wagons, F bodies, trucks, E bodies, 300's and Imperials, pre-unibody cars, winged cars, A bodies, and some B bodies
2016 Chrysler Carlisle Saturday AM 7/16/16 Day 3 | Facebook

Saturday afternoon:757 pictures finishing up the show field after lunch including he rest of the B bodies and the C bodies, and J bodies, followed by another trip through the car corral.
2016 Chrysler Carlisle Saturday PM 7/17/16 Day 3 Part 2 | Facebook

Sunday:77 random pictures from Sunday morning when the fairgrounds have become almost a ghost town
2016 Chrysler Carlisle Sunday 7/17/16 | Facebook

Thanks for sharing Jim. I hope I can have my Barracuda Formula S completed and be there next year.

I was told there was a record breaking amount of cars this year. 4 of the venders around me told me Saturday that they will not be back next year. If I was told right, there was 2,700 cars in the fun field. I know we will not be back next year selling parts. The people that told me that they will not be back have been going there 15 plus years.

-
Back