Carllisle ??????

-
'69 Dart 340 4 spd with 52,000 original miles rotisory restored. His mother bought it new and it became his when it was 4 years old. It sat for 30 years until it was pulled out of garage and restored. His mother special ordered the car.

Attachments

• 100_2890.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 300
'69 Dart 340 4 spd with 52,000 original miles rotisory restored. His mother bought it new and it became his when it was 4 years old. It sat for 30 years until it was pulled out of garage and restored. His mother special ordered the car.

This is awesome!!! I wish my mom did this.

Here is one from up on the hill looking down:

You took our pic!! lol from the tip of the big white/blue tent, go left across the pic to the beige tent in the next row towards the vendors, my son, my buddy and I are sitting under the tent behind my car... Looks like someone is looking atthe side of my car, too... Funny thing is, a few years ago, the c body row backed up to the meguiers trailer - Carlisle took a pic from the hill that year and used it in the following year's flyer - My car was really tiny in that pic, too... LOL

Thanks Jim 68cuda!! Great pictures. Good amount of cool cars. Makes me miss my old rides and give me bad ideas for new ones.

Where are all the pictures of the parts vendors.

Most of those guys aren't all that attractive. I didn't take any pictures of them, but among my Carlisle photos I posted links to, I did include a few pics of the parts in the vendor area. Earlier in this thread I posted links to my Carlisle pics. Check Albums 1, 2, 4 & 9 for a few parts pictures (but mostly I took pics of cars).

In Jim_68Cuda's pictures, there is only one early-series Valiant and one van at Carlisle!

I think they are becoming rare.

In Jim_68Cuda's pictures, there is only one early-series Valiant and one van at Carlisle!

I think they are becoming rare.

There was one 61 or 62 Valiant sedan and one 62 Lancer hardtop (you should see both among the photos).
I know I took pictures of a few A-100 pickups, vans, and campers. I didn't really look at many pickups or vans built after 1970 (other than Lil Red Express trucks). There were only a few trucks in the show that were pre-1970. Since the 72 & up trucks and 71 & up vans had bodies that lasted well into the 80's (and longer for vans), I made no effort to look at them. I also skipped the modern muscle cars area (Challengers & Chargers, 300s and Magnums) and most of the front drive section, the Viper section, the Prowler section and the Crossfire section, and the Chrysler Maserati TC section. Four days just isn't enough time to see everything.
I focused my attention on cars more than 35 years old and trucks and vans over 40 years old.

Thank God Carlisle was last week and not now. Was 93+ today and expecting hotter Friday. I stopped in at the tent earlier, but never got back to meet many people. The day (Friday) just went way too fast. Really need to try for 2 days next year.

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 238
"Most of those guys aren't all that attractive. I didn't take any pictures of them"

Thanks man! Its hard to maintain that sexiness when you just rode all night(600 miles) and pull onto the field at 7:00 am and start working 16 hour shifts for 4 days in a row and then leave and drive all the way back home. I get where your coming from though, not many GQ guys out there selling parts. I try and leave the sexiness up to my parts and prices.

Oh yeah, I also bought a pillar pod for my truck with a boost gauge/pyrometer/ and trans temp gauge for $15. There were some deals but like always you had to search them out. I saw a nice tunnel ram for a small block with 2 Holley 1050 dominators for $400 which would be a pretty good deal but when I came back it was gone.

"Most of those guys aren't all that attractive. I didn't take any pictures of them"

Thanks man! Its hard to maintain that sexiness when you just rode all night(600 miles) and pull onto the field at 7:00 am and start working 16 hour shifts for 4 days in a row and then leave and drive all the way back home. I get where your coming from though, not many GQ guys out there selling parts. I try and leave the sexiness up to my parts and prices.

:eek:ops:Sorry, no offense was intended for those of you who are vendors at Carlisle. But, if its all the same to you, I don't think I'll be taking any pictures of you guys next year either.

No problem,I cant get offended, I'm a swap meet vendor! I've done that show every year since the second one and never had anybody stop and take my picture except one magazine photographer. I used to have the mag with us in it.

-
Back