carpet glue

-

sammie

Reaction score
What glue are you guys using foe carpet? My 69 fast back carpet around the rear side panels are peeling off. thx

If you can find it. I keep getting "out of stock" "not available" on the site that I have looked so far.

wow it does seem hard to find now !! thats because its good and the tree huggers r having a fit.... I see napa has it on their web site but it says will not ship...I have always been able to get hard to find stuff at NAPA see if your local store has it on the shelf, they always seem to supply alot of body shops in my area

Another vote for anything 3M. It's good stuff.

Another vote for anything 3M. It's good stuff.
I have used some of the 3m stuff and it's not all good. That's what I used in there now and it is failing. I emailed 3m and asked about the ultrapro and they replied they discontinued that. I asked what do they recommend for car carpet they replied 08090 super trim adhesive.

Insta-Bond Fast Tack Spray Adhesive - Meade Distributing Co.

I use this....for carpet and also for vinyl or vinyl tops. It is absurdly fast and lasts forever.
I used it for a 72 Torino top....72 Nova carpet...72 Duster trim and carpet......I swear by this stuff.
Read directions carefully.

The 3M stuff works well for me also....it takes a little longer to "tack up" than insta-bond....I found that if I waited the required period of time the 3M did hold pretty well.
Hope that helps.

-
Back