Carpet

-

muddacres

Reaction score
I'm going to be ordering my carpet. It is for 70 dart convertible 4 speed. Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions on the best fit.
Jim

I don't think there are many options for carpet.I think acc is about it but not 100% positive on that.

I bought mine from Laysons during a sale, and it was from ACC. The fit was perfect. Just had to trim along the sills, and a little at the firewall.

Cant talk to fit, but I got a sample from Legendary and the look and feel was spot on! also got seat sample and it too was spot on.

check rock auto...
ACC if I remember correctly...and a great price.
Carpet and trunk mat for less than carpet alone anywhere else.

The carpet comes standard with a poly backing ( clear plastic ) and the mass backing is a black rubberized material that is more durable and lets the carpet lay out better IMO .

A good tip on carpet is to take it out of the box a couple days before installing, and let it lay in the sun a couple hours before installing.

I bought mine from rock auto and got the mass backing. Rock auto had the best price and the cheapest shipping. The mass backing helped the carpet keep its shape. I didn’t get it on the first car I did and regretted it.

You might also consider using a dynamat clone. I used the noico stuff from Amazon. It really quiets the car down.

How about the difference between the Loop and more expensive Essex? Looks like the Essex is about twice as deep/long on the pile?

-
Back