cars worth ?

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
I would like some opinions on a very rusty 68 barracuda , the car is totally a wasted piece of junk, not worth anything but parts removal. Every piece of the body is rusted out, and most are bent or beat up too. The windows are good , interior is shot/but all there, grills and trunk trim are there but beat all to hell, even has the stock hubcaps on it, the tires are shot I`m sure but holding air. I assume that the frame rails are junk too after looking at the rest of the car. There appears to be an engine in it from the way it sets, but don`t have a clue to what, would guess a 318 . There is nothing on it that I can think of that I need at this time. Was wondering about buying it and scraping it out for something to do , and maybe make a few $ and help any body that needs some 68 fastback parts. It`s been setting in it`s currant location for over a yr.. It`s clear the guy bought it to resale it. He probably doesn`t have a clue how much it costs to rebuild a 68, he has a few other junkers in the field w/ it .
Any body got an opinion ????????????

Pay a bit more than scrap price in your area. You’ll probably come out o-k but it’s your time and labor picking parts and shipping

It all depends on how you look at it.Lets say dash parts alone.Priced on the low side. Cluster $100,headlight switch,wiper,4 way.$20 each.radio $20,Plastic column cover $20.Rest of the metal dash $150. You can get $300 or more for grille and header panel.Interior mirror $10,exterior mirror $25-$40 if remote. Seats,seat brackets, console exterior trim,you can take it from here..It's always the small parts that add up. Before repo parts I paid $65 for a set of strut rods shipped and that was 20 years ago.

Standard offer for a 67-69 Cuda parts car would be $500, you can easily make money on it at that rate.

Standard offer for a 67-69 Cuda parts car would be $500, you can easily make money on it at that rate.
I was thinking about making an offer lower than that. Thanks guys -------

-
Back