Carter AFB Carb & Edelbrock Calibration Kits

-

JGC403

Reaction score
Is there an Edelbrock calibration kit that will work with a Carter AFB? The carb is off of a 1965 Chrysler 413. Seems like Edelbrock has a few kits that are specific to certain Eddy carbs just not sure if any off them will work with the old Carters.

Edel met rods are different to Carter. The main difference I have noticed is that the rods for the E carbs have a larger spread between the cruise & power steps compared to Carter OEM carbs. Jets, n/seat, are the same, acc pump is different.

What are you trying to do?

Edel met rods are different to Carter. The main difference I have noticed is that the rods for the E carbs have a larger spread between the cruise & power steps compared to Carter OEM carbs. Jets, n/seat, are the same, acc pump is different.

I wanted to have some extra metering rods on hand to tune with once it get it running again.

lOOK AROUND FOR A OLD STRIP KIT THEY MADE THEM FOR DIFFERENT AFB'S

s-l640.jpg
carter-avs-strip-kit-2-jpg.jpg

Chrysler primary rods and Jets are 3 step and use a taller "hat". You can use the newer kits, but you have to switch to the flat "hat" and change to the 2 step primary jets and rods.

Do you mean the steps are at different heights? Or there is a bigger size difference between steps ?

They are at different heights. There is a midrange step that most carbs do not have. The primary jets are taller. The piston rod cover is also higher, the 2 step covers are flat.

-
Back