carter carb adj

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have a stock carter on my 68 Cuda 383 the 2 air / fuel screw are plugged with soilder. but i have one large screw. is this a air / fuel screw? if it is do i adjust it like an standart air / fuel screw? thanks

Yes that is the idle enrichment adjusting screw. Had one like that along time ago.
I thought how strange myself when I didn't see two screws. I think mine was a older
early 60s carb though.

Yes that is the idle enrichment adjusting screw. Had one like that along time ago.
I thought how strange myself when I didn't see two screws. I think mine was a older
early 60s carb though.

so i adjust it like a normal air/fuel screw? thanks

I don't think that's right. The book's too long a walk for me at the moment but I believe the large center screw is an AIR bypass screw. It can afffect idle mix, but it's not adding or removing fuel, it's adding or removing air.

Now that you brought that up, I think that's right. ^^^

moper and RRR are right...this particular setup adjusts opposite to the normal 2-screw setup....backing out allows more air, leaning the mixture...screwing in restricts the air, giving a richer mix.

moper and RRR are right...this particular setup adjusts opposite to the normal 2-screw setup....backing out allows more air, leaning the mixture...screwing in restricts the air, giving a richer mix.

so adjust to give the max vacuum reading? thanks

-
Back