Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtrhead

Ace of Spades ♠️
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for 850 or 1000 cm carter competition series thermoquad and super thermoquad...first or second style...core or runner

I wasn’t actually looking to sell this carb.
I was asking you for clarification and for others looking for information.

This is the electric choke TQ. They ALL have the small 1.38 primaries. Model number is 9800. This has the Chevy throttle arm. I used this on a mostly stock ‘78-400. Lokar cables were used. The bracket where the cables attach to on the carb was held down with the pictured bolt and washer as seen in the 3rd picture below. The carb uses standard TQ rod and jets IIRC. These were commonly sold over the counter replacement carbs and are referenced at 800 cfm.
(Which is actually inaccurate. Also under the cfm you wanted. One member here (God rest his soul!) claimed he had data on these carbs rated at 767 -ish cfm. While Holley/MoPar, I forget how the story goes, tested it against a 650 Holley and found identical performance and so rated it at 650cfm. Which, IMO is bologna!) Since I don’t have a flow bench capable.... LOL

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yeah I was reading bout 9801 super sucker...767cfm

Hello Jake that's a gm beast there is a nos 9800 also a gm on 3bay for $379 now...I'm looking for 9801,4846sa,4847sa..ty anyway jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back