-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
look at that old guy pretending he's young

STC_1450.JPG

STC_1453.JPG

Yeah, stuff like that is all fun & games until the trip to the hospital... LMAO

My buddy said to me the other on our way back from fishing..."you know it's hard to find guys our age that do anything anymore. (we're both on the wrong side of 65)
I said " your right but when you stop doing things, even if it's difficult your done!"

Not necessarily done, you just use some of your age acquired wisdom instead of "Here, hold my beer & watch this S**T".

Fun while it happens, pay in aches and pains later. Then think about what a good time it was and do it again! Don't ever stop.

Imagine that,, the trail cam mentioned here. I bought a used spypoint link micro 3 days ago. I don't have a smart phone. Yet to find a way to run spypoint software on my windows laptop. Seems I'm too old for the camera, let alone the dirt bike LOL

Yeah, stuff like that is all fun & games until the trip to the hospital... LMAO

funny you should mention that, it was on that very same bike a few years ago i slipped off the footpeg
got my boot caught in a tree rut before i could put it back up on the peg and that was the end f that trip
had to limp the bike back about 5 miles to the trailer and of the the hospital i went
(i had the wife drop me and the trailer off, and so she came with me to the hospital)

now, picture this
im limping in, wearing my dirtbike gear, pants, yersey, fox comp 5 boots
her jsut her usual cute self, but 8 1/2 months pregnant

jokers took one look at us and put her in a wheel chair

once they looked at my xray, the decided the wheel chair was mine

broken ankle.jpg

KDX 200? I ride a 1991 DR350. Told myself when I sold the 83 YZ490 my next dirt bike will have push button start. Low and behold I came across a great deal on a DR350 I couldn't pass up, but kick start only. I'm almost 59 but with proper jetting and start procedure usually starts 2nd or 3rd kick when cold. Still ride just not as fast/reckless like I use to. Enjoy the bike as they never get old.
Kevin

KDX 200? I ride a 1991 DR350. Told myself when I sold the 83 YZ490 my next dirt bike will have push button start. Low and behold I came across a great deal on a DR350 I couldn't pass up, but kick start only. I'm almost 59 but with proper jetting and start procedure usually starts 2nd or 3rd kick when cold. Still ride just not as fast/reckless like I use to. Enjoy the bike as they never get old.
Kevin
actually, that's a 220 (my buddy bike)
my "go to" is a 200, with expired plates, oversized tank and KX front suspension
but I think the fank vent got clogged up, because the cap had cracked open and whatever fuel was left in there had evaporated

My across the street, neighbor's dad is in his mid 70's and I can barely keep up with him on a dirt bike. We went out with a couple of his older buddies, and those guys were way faster than either of us. One of them was nearly 80, and all of them were in great shape from riding.

Turns out one of the guys was in the film, On Any Sunday. He said he was the guy that crashed in the movie while doing the San Jose Mile.

I'll keep riding, but I too have slowed down and keep the wheels on the ground....most of the time.

KTM.gif

I worked with an older guy (50 ish back on 1995) a long time ago (he was at another shop) that didn't have a right arm, named Lefty. Lost it in an accident but didn't stop him from riding. He actually did the Barstow to Vegas race years ago, he had to show he could ride his adapted 400 with 1 ARM to the guys registering the event, said he pulled a wheelie for 50 feet and then cleared a 15 foot tabletop. Guys signed his ticket and he completed the race. I saw the start of one of those races from a hilltop behind the start line. about 1/4 mile of bikes lined up and all starting at the same time toward some unknown choke point a mile away. Awesome.

i remember a few years ago i was working at a place and there was a young buck there who claimed he rode
most of what he did was run his mouth and poke fun of my popping wheelies in the parking lot (i didnt have the duster yet, and rode the KDX to work quite a bit)

i finally got fed up with his mouth and said, next Saturday you're coming with me
i brought both bikes (my 200 and my buddy bike 220) and rode all morning with him
then i fired up the grill, made some burgers, some bratts and went back out for a few more hours

it was fun, and i wasnt gonna take it easy on him...but i had to stop a few times to let him catch up

about 4 in the afternoon, we packed it up and i went home, feeling great

the next monday i noticed the kid was walking kinda funny, like he was sore
then i overheard him talking to one of our coworkers about our outing
and i quote " i think the moth######er was trying to kill me"

i dang near died laughing

In your pics of the 1st post.......is that your Amish motorcycle helmet you're wearing? :poke: :realcrazy:

nah, just a cowboy hat i wear around the house to keep from getting sunburned

one of my buddies came over, somehow we got to talking bikes and next thing you know, i dusted them off

when i actually trail ride, i wear the full outfit, boots, helmet, chest protector

My across the street, neighbor's dad is in his mid 70's and I can barely keep up with him on a dirt bike. We went out with a couple of his older buddies, and those guys were way faster than either of us. One of them was nearly 80, and all of them were in great shape from riding.

Turns out one of the guys was in the film, On Any Sunday. He said he was the guy that crashed in the movie while doing the San Jose Mile.

I'll keep riding, but I too have slowed down and keep the wheels on the ground....most of the time.

View attachment 1715551589

San Jose Mile was on the bucket list this year. Needless to say that didn't happen :BangHead:.
One of the Labor foreman I worked with years ago rode District 37 desert races and lived right down the street from Malcolm Smith, he had some really good Malcolm stories :lol:. It wasn't unusual for us to make a stop at Malcolm's shop after a visit to San Bernardino Racing just for some giggles, Malcolm was always there.

funny you should mention that, it was on that very same bike a few years ago i slipped off the footpeg
got my boot caught in a tree rut before i could put it back up on the peg and that was the end f that trip
had to limp the bike back about 5 miles to the trailer and of the the hospital i went
(i had the wife drop me and the trailer off, and so she came with me to the hospital)

now, picture this
im limping in, wearing my dirtbike gear, pants, yersey, fox comp 5 boots
her jsut her usual cute self, but 8 1/2 months pregnant

jokers took one look at us and put her in a wheel chair

once they looked at my xray, the decided the wheel chair was mine

View attachment 1715551121

A kickback from my 500cc four stroke, and it took almost two years before I could walk right again. (Timing was off after a rebuild)
I even had my boots on when it happened and I was back out riding after a week, but starting the bike with my left foot before I would get on it.:D

DSCF0002.JPG

A kickback from my 500cc four stroke, and it took almost two years before I could walk right again. (Timing was off after a rebuild)
I was back out riding after a week, but starting the bike with my left foot before I would get on it.:D

View attachment 1715551984
eeks
you're not a KTM guy are you?

(seem to remember your trail beast was a Honda, but that looks like a KTM foot)

-
Back