Caution when dealing with member awsig

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
Here's the for sale post I had for a pair of bumper brackets.

[FOR SALE] - 1973/74 Duster Front Bumper Brackets

Anthony purchased these bumper brackets, being able to see the in pictures in my for sale thread. After receiving them he stated they didn't fit. Then asked for a full refund including shipping costs. I refused. Anthony then went to paypal in order to resolve this and again is wanting a full refund. I'm offering the $45 he paid for the parts but the shipping.

Please be cautious when dealing with the user. He seems to want to collect parts and not pay for them. Return the parts to me and I'll refund the sale amount of $45.

Riddler

Well he's still demanding a full refund and will ship the parts back only after I pay. In the mean time my paypal account is locked up until this resolution is completed.

Riddler

Contact pay pal and reach an understanding that you will pay the $45 and not the shipping. See whaif this week say.

Well he's still demanding a full refund and will ship the parts back only after I pay. In the mean time my paypal account is locked up until this resolution is completed.

Riddler

Not to be an *** but that's why I don't use PayPal no more.

Dave

so what is he claiming is the problem?
other then "doesnt fit"
what is he trying to put it on?
what did you pull it off of?

you mention in your for sale add you intended to "modify them" to use them on your 76

perhaps he figured they would fit a 76 directly?

so what is he claiming is the problem?
other then "doesnt fit"
what is he trying to put it on?
what did you pull it off of?

you mention in your for sale add you intended to "modify them" to use them on your 76

perhaps he figured they would fit a 76 directly?

HE's saying they didn't fit his 73. But never asked me for information or part numbers. Just send me a message asking if I still had them and he wanted to buy them. I didn't know what his vehicle was until weeks later. I didn't pull these off of anything. I bought them from a member here who sold them to me as 1973 Duster brackets.

I've made another offer of $45 once the parts are returned. I'm going to assume he declines that and then I'll escalate it and deal with it from there. However this does lock out my paypal until this is resolved.

Riddler

The pictures were clear. He got them at way lower than your original asking price. We all know this hobby is one of modification and fabrication. Some people just choose to be difficult. It will pass, Joe. Give it time.

I think what you've offered is a fair deal. It was his responsibility to ask questions and make sure they were right for his intended use. According to you, he didn't do that.

HE's saying they didn't fit his 73. But never asked me for information or part numbers. Just send me a message asking if I still had them and he wanted to buy them. I didn't know what his vehicle was until weeks later. I didn't pull these off of anything. I bought them from a member here who sold them to me as 1973 Duster brackets.

I've made another offer of $45 once the parts are returned. I'm going to assume he declines that and then I'll escalate it and deal with it from there. However this does lock out my paypal until this is resolved.

Riddler

However this does lock out my paypal until this is resolved.

That stinks.

In all fairness if one has to be locked out, both should be. That ups the motivation for both parties to resolve. It sounds as though you're doing your part

I think awsig did a new look and leap move. And now is pissed off. It should be at himself for not doing homework and asking questions. Rob is right! If everybody did this to Edelbrock they would be shut down now.

so in all truth, they MAY not fit a 73, since no one verified the part numbers, and there is always the possibility you got jipped when you bought them

thats too bad, buyer beware

so in all truth, they MAY not fit a 73, since no one verified the part numbers, and there is always the possibility you got jipped when you bought them

thats too bad, buyer beware
I think this would be a fair assumption. It's long in the past and I'm not going to concern myself with that issue. My issue is the fact the buyer wants a full refund including shipping.

Riddler

Arent used parts sold on an “as is” basis? The photos show the part as it is. He saw the photos, knew exactly what he bought.had you sent him something other than what was in the photo, then paypal has the say.

Here's the first few posts in the conversation about the sale:

awsig: Hey Riddler, i saw your post about 73/74 front bumper brackets and also noticed it wasn’t open for comments. I’m not to familiar with this page yet, but I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. I was wondering if you still had the brackets or if you knew of any leads. I’m having a hard time finding a set. Any help is grateful. Thank you for your time.

Riddler: I’ve still got them. They were blasted clean and ate in great shape. I sprayed a little black on the part numbers to see them in pictures.

awsig: Is your price of $45 plus ride still good?

Riddler: Yes of course... that’s the lowest I can sell for though.. Shipping is gonna be around $40-45 though. I’m in Canada, just across the border from Detroit. I do have a business account so it normally gets to the purchaser within 4-5 days.

I accept PayPal...

We then go into shipping details and costs.

Riddler

Unfortunately, there's some savvy scammers out there, and paypal is not on the sellers' side. I went through a similar situation myself. In my case paypal jerked the money for the part and the shipping BOTH ways. Paypal didn't care that he sent me back a box of scrap tidbits. All they cared about was that he sent them a copy of a shipping receipt back to my house. Cut your losses.

my experience is, if somebody wants to get rid of the shock mounts, and buys the brackets you show, they will not fit. Why? Bolt pattern is different from the "shock" mount vs the type of mount you show. Can be made to work, though. As far as your deal, I hope it works out.

Thats why I ask for measurements for year specific parts if I am not sure. Then I buy or not after hearing from the seller.

So here is where we're at:

ok, ill accept the $45 dollars and you pay return shipping. heres a link with the part numbers off the brackets I bought from you. like I said brackets are for 70-72.not 73-74 like your saying. http://arizonaparts.com/partslist.asppart numbers: 2962410, 2962411, 2962407, 2962406you should also take some responsiblitly as the seller to ensure your labeling your items correctly.

It seems he thinks it was false advertising that I labelled these as 1973/74 bumper brackets. I did list them as these years but that because I thought they were. I'm still willing to offer a refund for the cost of the parts but the shipping costs were spent shipping the parts. This might have been avoided if @awsig asked for part numbers or other information before purchasing.

Riddler

So here is where we're at:

It seems he thinks it was false advertising that I labelled these as 1973/74 bumper brackets. I did list them as these years but that because I thought they were. I'm still willing to offer a refund for the cost of the parts but the shipping costs were spent shipping the parts. This might have been avoided if @awsig asked for part numbers or other information before purchasing.

Riddler
now that I look at the brackets, yes, they look like they'd fit the 70-72 style bumper.

Good luck with paypal, I got jacked for $85 for some ITune card bullshit, that was not purchased by me as a gift thru E-Bay.

E-bay sent a request to vendor to cancel order.

Pay-pal said F*** you, it was sent as a gift, even though E-bay said my account had not been accessed by me for months.

My credit card company is still fighting them.

the only thing I did wrong in this situation is take someone's word who I thought had some knowledge on the parts being sold. my car didn't have the brackets when purchased, so I had nothing to go off of.
it isn't the buyers responsibility to do the sellers job by verifying part numbers. its the sellers job to know what there selling. if you don't know what your selling, don't sell it. if you have doubt in what your selling, say so in the add. so yes, this would fall under the category of "false advertising".

the only thing I did wrong in this situation is take someone's word who I thought had some knowledge on the parts being sold. my car didn't have the brackets when purchased, so I had nothing to go off of.
it isn't the buyers responsibility to do the sellers job by verifying part numbers. its the sellers job to know what there selling. if you don't know what your selling, don't sell it. if you have doubt in what your selling, say so in the add. so yes, this would fall under the category of "false advertising".

This is incorrect, especially when it comes to our cars. No one knows what car you have, year, make and model. We also don't know if you've done anything custom. The brackets were posted the same way as I got them. As 1973/74 Duster... you could of asked for part numbers, or where I got them (which I told you in conversation, from another member). 1973 was a very strange year as some used these brackets and some used the limited one year only brackets. You contact me about the brackets asking if I still had them...

I have no way to confirm part numbers other than to take your word for it, and as such I will. You paid $90 total for the brackets, $45 for the brackets, $45 for shipping. I've offered you $45 refund and send the parts back.

I'm willing to refund $40.00USD and you keep the brackets. Sell them, scrap them, whatever you want.

Riddler

Wrong. It's the buyer's job to know what they are buying. Period. End of story. No one is responsible for your actions other than you.

-
Back