CC'ing a Port

-

mopfried

Reaction score
I have CC'ed plenty of chambers but neverCC'ed a port. How is it done?

I have CC'ed plenty of chambers but neverCC'ed a port. How is it done?
put a valve in it tilted intake flange Side Up get a barrette tube filled to 100...then pour, refill barrette tube to 100 and pour more and note cc level upon topping off at port window. It will rise a hair higher than the surface...so if it does .. just deduct .5cc
If you want to check the port cc without a valve.. 'which is kind of worthless except for trying diff valves to gain .00001 more port volume' ..you would tape off the port window plug the guide with clay and then fill the port up till it reaches the 45 valve seat.

Fin.

put a valve in it tilted intake flange Side Up get a barrette tube filled to 100...then pour, refill barrette tube to 100 and pour more and note cc level upon topping off at port window. It will rise a hair higher than the surface...so if it does .. just deduct .5cc
If you want to check the port cc without a valve.. 'which is kind of worthless except for trying diff valves to gain .00001 more port volume' ..you would tape off the port window plug the guide with clay and then fill the port up till it reaches the 45 valve seat.

Fin.
What kind of variation between ports is acceptable?

What difference would that make? The intake port in the head is an extension of the runner in the intake manifold.
There are mega differences in the length and volume of the runners in an intake manifold.

CNC `D HEADS ARE THE SAME ---------the reasonthe intake runners should be o equalized , I got a victor down to 15 cfm diff. , and a weiand team g down to 24 cfm diff. , which is a really bad one to start with ------------------and I`m far from an expert !

-
Back