Center link / Moroso oil pan interference

-

cu440da

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the center link hitting the Moroso mid sump pan when turning wheels to the right? Wheels straight ahead and its already almost touching the side of the pan. Right turn is a hard no.

I've had those on a 73 Scamp and 74 Swinger. Gets close to the back of the sump at full lock, but, no touchy. Center link on correctly?

I've had those on a 73 Scamp and 74 Swinger. Gets close to the back of the sump at full lock, but, no touchy. Center link on correctly?
I believe so. Cant really put it on any other way. Center link drops onto the steering and pitman arms.

Has anyone had issues with the center link hitting the Moroso mid sump pan when turning wheels to the right? Wheels straight ahead and its already almost touching the side of the pan. Right turn is a hard no.

Clearancing a pan has become normal , cut the corner out a little to clear , make a patch out of the same metal thickness , have it heli arced , no big deal---------

I had a similar problem with a 360LA on a 70Duster K,in a 68 Barracuda, with a Milodon road-race pan. My solution was to swap in steering from a 73 up car, which fixed the engine clearance, but put the steering into the TTI headers. To fix that; I jacked the engine up a tad, and moved it over, with shims.
I still had to put a tiny dent into my brand new TTI headers, and I had to clearance the castellated nut on the pitman arm, which had been moved to cure bump-steer.
The point is, you might have to move or swap stuff.

The centerlink has a specific orientation. You will notice that the distance from the tierod ends to the steering arms is not the same on both sides; one side is longer.IIRC, the long side goes to the pitman arm side.

Last edited:
-
Back